Please check your email .
Job Title: 3rd Line - Senior Application Support Analyst
Location: Reading / Hybrid
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Guardian was "re-born" with a simple objective….to make life better. It's at the core of everything we do, and we've worked hard to turn an idea into an exciting business proposition. We've bought together the best capability, technology and people to create a business that challenges conventional thinking, and approaches things differently.
We believe that by being trusting we will be trusted in return. For our business that means providing Financial Advisers and their clients with products and services that they can be certain of. For you that means being part of a team where you can really make a difference, and part of a culture that is driven to make life better. You'll be in an environment that you can trust to do everything it can to help you grow and succeed.
If you would like to build your career and be part of an exciting, innovative and growing business then join us at Guardian to experience 'Life. Made better'.
About the role:
We are recruiting for a Senior Application Support Analyst to join the team at Guardian.
As a 3rd Line - Senior Application Support Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the 2nd Line Application Support Analysts, conducting 3rd line investigations of Problems, be involved in on going project work and feed into the implementation of Devops practices.
Day-today tasks would include:
* Work with Solution Architects and Business Analysts to gather knowledge transfer and feed this into the Application Support Team
* Scheduling training sessions with members of the team to facilitate a 'shift left' approach
* Supporting, and where needed, initiating business change within the organisation
* Supporting the evaluation and implementation of new tools and technologies through independent research, prototyping and participation in proof-of-concept activities
* Assess impact of business or technical change on Application Support processes, tools and documentation and deliver necessary change to ensure Application Support team readiness
Ideally you will have the following experience:
* A strong logical and troubleshooting mind-set, with excellent time management skills
* The ability to understand and extract key information from investigations is essential to diagnosing and resolving incidents
* Enjoys investigating and resolving problems big or small, with a passion for understanding the why and the how
* Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently
* Ability to work remotely with little management supervision
* Positive and enthusiastic approach and a strong team ethic
* Ability to multi-task, be flexible and deal with interruptions and change
* Manage own workload whilst meeting and exceeding contractual SLAs, KPIs and Customer Satisfaction
* Excellent communication skills
The following technical knowledge:
* Microsoft Azure (Expert)
* API Management (Expert)
* Messaging / Integration (Expert)
* AS / Authentication / Security (Proficient)
* Powershell / Scripting / Programming (Proficient)
* SQL (Proficient)
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the company's recruitment page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Infrastructure Technician, Technical Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Support Service Desk, IT Service Desk Consultant, IT Support Consultant, Senior Helpdesk Support, IT Support Analyst, 3rd Line Support Technician, Helpdesk Analyst may also be considered for this role