Please check your email .
Network Support Engineer - Full Time - Permanent - up to £45K per annum + Company Perks and benefits
About the role:
The purpose of the Network & Security Engineer role is to create and deliver optimum solutions to meet business and client needs through the whole project lifecycle from understanding the project and requirements to transition into BAU support. Hence, this is a pivotal role in the delivery of technological solutions for the business and our customers.
Network & Security Engineer roles are expected to take on challenging projects, often spanning more than one application and/or technology and as such, this role is very delivery goal focused.
The further element of the role will be assisting the Technical Management Team in day-to-day network operations and will require emergency availability in the event of service faults.
The successful candidate will play a large role in operations on a metro London service provider network. A small part of this role will be customer facing; however, the majority is internal. This is a hands-on, practical role that will require visits to customer sites, DCs and similar, therefore the person recruited into this position will need to be flexible and willing to travel to client sites and other work related locations including DCs, as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of previous Juniper experience and a Juniper qualification.
The successful candidate may be required to complete a satisfactory DBS cert.
Amongst other tasks, you will be responsible for:
* Technical responsibility / ownership for voice and data communications projects.
* Provide solutions to meet business / project demands based on corporate standards.
* Input and influence to ensure chosen solutions are technically and architecturally sound, meeting all documented requirements.
* To assist in the planning, design, and implementation, of voice and data projects.
* Provide SME input / support to the Technical Services team.
* Assist with policy, procedure and standards documents based on industry best practices and personal research and experience.
* Provide support for critical system changes outside of business hours.
* Assist with data centre management as required.
* Adhere to company core values and help promote them.
* The successful candidate will have excellent experience working with enterprise level network & security
/ telecom services with Juniper Technology (MX, EX, SRX) & firewalls builds.
* Proven track record of successfully delivering complex technical solutions hands on.
* Experience with opensource solution i.e. Linux, RADIUS, RANCID and BIND9 is desired.
* Experience of successfully working with outsourced partners.
* Experience with industry leading network and security products including, Juniper, VMware, EMC Storage, and Enterprise Backup Solutions.
* JNCIE, JNCIP, or equivalent experience.
* Detailed conceptual knowledge of the following technologies & services:
OSPF, BGP, MPLS, EVPN & VXLAN, VRF / VRF lite, L2VPN & L3VPNs, Cloud-based delivery, unified communications.
* Technical design and documentation skillset
* Experience with WLAN products from Meraki, Ruckus, Aruba and Ubiquiti WLAN products
* Experience installing network firewalls, routers and switches
* Experience working in a Data Centre environment
* Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each project.
* Ability to articulate technical options/issues/designs such that management can make informed decisions.
* Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, concisely, appropriately, and intelligently; must foster open communication, speak with impact, listen to others, and write effectively.
* Possess critical thinking and analytical skills with an ability to evaluate complex problems and issues quickly and accurately in order to recommend or take the most appropriate course of action