Please check your email .
Job Title: Programme Manager (x4)
Location: Durrington / Hybrid (2 days per week office based)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £79,200 (negotiable DOE) + benefits *
In this role you will be responsible for leading Project Managers and Project Analysts that are central to the achievement of our clients ambitions. Given their scale they are looking for 4 Programme Managers to each take responsibility for the successful delivery of change across four functional business domains or portfolios.
Each portfolio team works across the Business and IT organisation (working with Business Owners, Product Owners and technical specialists to define programme scope, manage budgets, acquire resources then lead project delivery teams. They will deliver projects from early scoping through design and procurement, build and integration, testing, deployment and transition to support.
Scope of Role
* Work with senior business and technical stakeholders to translate strategic objectives into clearly defined delivery programmes with agreed scope, budget and timeline expectations.
* Form project teams in order to meet the strategic objectives for change within the domain.
* Communicate a clear vision of change objectives.
* Own, manage and take full accountability for the successful delivery of programmes and projects within your functional domain in line with agreed criteria.
* Develop and maintain enduring relationships with key business and technical stakeholders.
* Lead/line manage a team of Snr. Project Managers, Project Managers and Project Analysts in the successful delivery of IT/Business projects, including objective setting, regular performance reviews, development planning and general line management support.
* Ensure the successful recruitment, knowledge transfer and embedding of new permanent and contract resource in your domain.
* Manage the on-boarding, integration and successful delivery of third party consultants.
* Ensure necessary controls and governance oversight is in place to assure quality of project delivery, including but not limited to quality of estimates, plans, cost management, resource management, schedule, scope, requirements, solutions and deliverables. Act as a point of escalation for the resolution of project and programme issues.
* Quality assurance and compliance with delivery standards across projects. Ensure that delivery and reporting is compliant with PMO standards and guidelines.
* Manage resource allocations across your team/domain AND support allocation across domains in line with PMO resource management priorities.
* Take accountability for the effective management of interdependencies both within your domain and across domains.
* Track risks and issues across projects and programmes ensuring that effective communication and mitigation plans are in place.
* PMP, Prince 2 or equivalent certification.
* Agile qualification or experience.
* Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 10+ years prior experience in Senior Project management / Programme Management.
* Demonstrable experience in managing enterprise scale programmes and portfolio/programme deliveries.
* People management experience - performance reviews, career development, coaching and mentoring etc.
* Experience of managing Project Managers.
* Experience of procurement and management of 3rd party suppliers for services, software and infrastructure.
* Experience of working in a matrix function.
* Strong Programme and Project Management.
* Strong people management and development.
* Strong stakeholder management (IT and Business).
* Ability to influence and motivate others.
* Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
* Business acumen, staff management, staff recruitment and performance management.
* Fostering an environment of best practice, information sharing, cross training and process improvement.
* Quality control on projects.
* Company car allowance.
* Company and performance-related bonus (12%).
* Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution.
* Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary.
* Health benefits through a Cash Plan.
* Two paid community volunteering days a year.
* 25 days annual holiday.
* Occupational health service.
* Perkbox benefits offering discounts and savings on several products and experiences.
* Study support may be available for job-related qualifications.
* Competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options