Please check your email .
Technical Services Engineer (Network Administrator)
The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network and client networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyse and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
* Manage servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
* Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
* Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
* Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
* Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
* Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
* Perform network design and capacity planning.
* Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
* Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
* Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
* Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
* Establish and meet service level agreements with end users.
* Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
* Perform server and security audits.
* Perform system backups and recovery.
* Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
* Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
* Provide guidance to other members of the team.
* Installation and running of all structured cabling.
* Installation of all hardware such as interactive whiteboards, projectors, computers, switches, routers, TVs etc.
* Commuting to customer sites as required.
* Research into potential new contracts and carry out a sales role.
* Marketing of the company to attract new customers.
* Prepared to carry out any additional duties as deemed reasonable by the director.
* On-call availability via mobile Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6:00pm.
* Core office hours 9:00am to 5:30pm, however flexibility will be required if work needs to be completed outside of the core hours. 1 hours lunch break.
* Operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
* Inspection and installation of cables in floors and ceilings.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
£21000 - £26000