Please check your email .
Venesky-Brown’s client, a public sector organisation in Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit a SharePoint Developer for an initial 3 month contract with potential to extend on a rate of £575-£625/day (Inside of IR35). This role can be remote or hybrid working.
- Provide technical leadership and quality assurance across the SharePoint environment and related Microsoft 365 services with specialist input to projects and service, e.g. solution architecture and design, advising on best use of technology, development best practice.
- Technical oversight, coaching and development of SharePoint technical staff and others. Contribute to SharePoint Service strategy with responsibility for growing SharePoint knowledge and skills internally.
- To work closely with the SharePoint Solutions Manager in managing the efficient running of the team, carrying out a range of activities in relation to recruitment, resourcing and development, including regular 1:1 meetings and contributing to development plans.
- Contribute to SharePoint Governance, with responsibility for SharePoint application management ensuring alignment with the organisation’s development standards.
- Degree in relevant subject or equivalent formal training
- At least 5 years' experience of designing, building, and implementing SharePoint solutions within a large organisation
- Significant proven success in full SharePoint software development lifecycle from design to deployment
- Experience of contributing to organisational strategic and/or project resource plans
- Experience of managing SharePoint in a large environment
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of the SharePoint development tools, such as SPfx, React, C#, .NET, Client-Side Object Model and SharePoint REST APIs
- Knowledge and experience of building solutions using the Power Platform
- Power BI experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a flexible approach to problem resolution and an ability to deal appropriately with change
- High-level planning and organising skills
- Knowledge of current software quality assurance and development techniques, processes, and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly on technical issues to non-specialist and senior level audiences
- Ability to persuade, motivate and lead
- Capable of working with limited supervision exercising a high degree of initiative and demonstrating a pro-active and flexible approach to work
- Demonstrates the customer focus to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Relevant SharePoint or M365 qualifications or certifications
- IT Service Management qualifications such as ITIL
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience of coaching or training to develop skills in others
- Experience of managing related M365 applications such as Power Platform
- Knowledge of techniques to integrate 3rd party systems and tools into a SharePoint environment
- Demonstrable experience of assisting the creation of and delivering a comprehensive training programme
- Track record of successful delivery of provision of service within a demanding user focused environment
- Knowledge of project management procedures and methodologies
- Knowledge of the ITIL Framework
- Commitment to accessibility, security and User Experience in technical developments
- Evidence of innovation in previous SharePoint development work
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch