Please check your email .
SecOps Engineer (IT Operational role dedicated to security)
Hybrid role Hatfield site 6-8 days a month/ Remote working
Competitive salary plus 15% annual Bonus, health and Dental Insurance and other corporate benefits
Our client is a multi-cultural, healthcare, global company and seeking a hands on IT person to focus on operational security, providing seamless collaboration between information security and the IT Operations teams, with expertise on application, infrastructure, and network security. The SecOps Engineer ensures the implementation of technical security controls supporting effective risk mitigation and contributing to the continual improvement of the company's security posture and ISO 27001 management system.
The successful person will be responsible for a wide range of security technologies; however, the initial primary focus will be on refining the configuration of the Varonis Data Security Platform which provides user behaviour analytics, threat detection and data security.
* Demonstrated experience in operations security or security engineer roles
* Expert knowledge of Data Protection, Network Security
* Excellent understanding of network attacks such as DDoS, Ransomware, ID Spoofing
* Active Directory / Azure AD Identity Management.
* Cloud Security tools such as Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Azure Key Vault
* Email Security and Web Proxy
* Industry standards and frameworks, GDPR, ISO2700x, NIST, MITRE ATT&CK
* Event Management and Proactive Problem Management
* Experience of working with service providers
* Previous experience of working with DatAdvantage (Varonis' Data Security Platform) advantageous
Qualifications and education required:
* Computer Science or equivalent degree preferable
* Comptia Security+/ CISA/ CISSP desirable
* ITIL Foundation desirable
Desirable technical qualifications such as:
* Azure and/or AWS Cloud Certifications
* MCSA/MCSE or modern equivalent
* Up-to-date Microsoft Certifications in Active Directory
* VCP - VMware
* CCNP - CISCO
If you are interested and feel you have the right skills or wish for a confidential discussion then please apply to this role.
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.