Senior Network Engineer - £45,942 - £49,254 (hybrid working)
You will provide professional and technical expertise and analysis, acting as a subject matter expert within your specialism of Networks, providing services and solutions that solve problems for citizens and colleagues within IT. The role:
Technical analysis, design, development, installation, configuration, tuning and support of all devices, infrastructure and applications. The role will encompass all elements of the lifecycle, this will involve the analysis, design and creation of solutions, working within or acting as the technical lead for projects as well as inputting into architecture and strategy functions and the design and development of technical standards. Key Responsibilities:
We are looking for a person who can:
- Producing high-and low-level designs to meet challenging networking requirements.
- Building and configuring technical solutions of networked hardware and software.
- Fault finding, monitoring and resolution of issues to a successful conclusion.
- Ensuring core networking and hosting platform performing optimal levels
- Producing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Maintain inventory of network hardware and network IP addressing.
- Collaboration with other members of the team, sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work.
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership.
- Attending sites for resolution of issues, to support deployment for Projects and BAU activities.
- Take ownership of internal projects and deliver projects to a high standard.
- Extensive experience in installation and the configuration of networks.
- Ability to create technical and user documentation with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Functional domain knowledge of routing protocols e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP.
- Experience of network design to meet customer requirements.
- Experience in configuration of Cisco Routers and switches.
- WAN knowledge.
- Azure Cloud connectivity- firewalls.
- Knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching protocols.
- Experience of network management protocols e.g. SNMP, SSH, SysLog.
- Experience working with Monitoring systems e.g. SolarWinds and experience working with ticket systems and understanding priorities and SLAs.
Please note, the base salary for this role is £39,942 - £43,254 plus a market allowance of £6,000 subject to annual review.
If you have the experience and skills we are looking for and can work collaboratively and innovatively with colleagues and partners, then we would like to hear from you.
Due to the on-call status, you will need to hold a full UK driving licence. You will be required to upload copies of your licence during the application process.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 5 year 'checkable history' in the UK - ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.About usDiversity is a strength and individuality is an asset. We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring. We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country. Find out more about our benefits and culture
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"Blended Working/ Hybrid Working Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.