Please check your email .
Solution Architect/Technical Subject Matter Experts are responsible both as an individual and potentially as the leader of a project team responsible for the design, communication and delivery of medium to high complexity IT solutions to achieve tangible business benefits. Required for our Renewables business and growth in the sector we are seeking this role with a wide variety of experience particularly in legacy applications, networks, cloud, digital technologies and ideally with some international experience.
* Takes ownership for components of the overall solution architecture and the delivery of IT solutions.
* Fulfils the lead infrastructure role on a medium to high complexity project or programme.
* An influential member of a team able to work with the business to define their overall strategies and to develop opportunities to leverage IT
* Demonstrates expert technology leadership through proven influencing skills on medium sized projects
* Has demonstrable experience in the role of Solution Infrastructure across the whole lifecycle including defining technical delivery processes/methods and tools and shaping the delivery (e.g. priorities, team, release schedule)
* Good working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, DODAF) and transition into solution delivery
* Subject matter expert in multiple of the established technologies within the our client's technology stack
* Working knowledge (benefits, constraints and application) of core technologies used across the technology stack
* Possesses Solution Options Analysis skills and is able to design infrastructure from conceptual through logical to physical levels as part of a proposal or within solution delivery for small and medium sized programmes and projects.
* Proven ability to specify a solution and lead other members of the programme to ensure it is implemented in the correct and most efficient manner
* Ensures all relevant aspects of a technical architecture are taken into consideration (e.g. security, infrastructure, deployment)
* Responsible for Technical Governance activities on projects that may be delivered in a multi-sourced environment (client + suppliers).
* Planning and Estimation skills demonstrated by shaping technical delivery aspects on projects
* Responsible for Technical Risk Management
* Ownership for ensuring Non-Functional Requirements are all met within the solution
* Portrays a positive image of IT across the business, encouraging departments to bring forward potential projects rather than pursue them in isolation.
Skills / Experience
* More than 5 years of combined IT work experience, with a broad exposure to application / infrastructure / network and multiplatform environments.
* Understanding and experience of a range of business applications (e.g. enterprise resource planning (ERP), packages and bespoke solutions)
* Understanding and experience of networks, infrastructure, systems software and middleware
* Understanding and experience of general datacentre operations approaches and applications.
* Familiarity with relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as the UK Data Protection Act
* Experience in developing policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
* Ability to pick up new technical skills quickly and apply them relevantly.
* An ability quickly to develop an understanding of new technologies and operations.
* Understanding of organisational dynamics and behaviours
* Ability to carry out self-led learning.
* Personal interest and desire to continually expand knowledge with new industry technology and ideas.
* Strong analytical skills and good business process knowledge
* A strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately and provide a superior customer/client experience.
* Ability to interact with staff at all levels up to senior and across all business units and organisations, and to understand business imperatives
* Strong organisation and communication skills.
* Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
* Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel
* Ability to understand the long-term "big picture" as well as short-term
* Perform 'Expert' level consultancy to Architects / Vendors in SME technology
* Provide 4th line support function
* Ability to interpret highly complex technical solutions and ideas and understand their impact and implementation in SSE
* Maintain standards in their technology area (and supporting technologies)
* Receptive and engaged to ideas from anywhere in the business, and able to validate and implement new solutions from these ideas
* Accountable for all solutions based on their technology area.
* Maintain technical standards based performance, availability and cost
* Review and reject designs that are financially inefficient, supporting redesign to reduce infrastructure costs.
* Manage resourcing decisions based on project requirements and resource skill levels
* Engaged with approved resourcing partners to ensure suitable, appropriately costed, skilled resources are available to support project delivery
* Several years (i.e. 5+) performing in-depth design, support and troubleshooting in their specific subject matter and related integration technologies (required).
* Demonstrable experience of project lifecycle from initial concept, through business case, solution definition, project, implementation and ongoing live service.
* Demonstrable experience of a range of project and service disciplines (e.g. business analysis, data modelling, software engineering, testing, infrastructure specification and configuration, DBA, etc.)
* Energy sector and utility knowledge and experience (preferred)
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience in information and IT and its business relevance
* Exposure to infrastructure and multi-platform environments; preferably within the energy or utility sector.
* Ability to demonstrate stakeholder management at most levels, including management, Information Technology colleagues and business representatives.
* You will have awareness of common Information Security management frameworks such as ISO 27001, COBIT, Information Security Forum and NIST.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit