Please check your email .
Our local authority client has a 3-month contract vacancy (with the possibility of extension) for the role of a CIS SUPPORT OFFICER, details as follows
To provide First Line contact and triage for inbound tickets via the Portal, Live Chat or telephone on the ICT Service Desk. Providing, where possible, Incident and Request prioritisation and triage or assigning to other teams. Working with Windows 10/11, M365, Citrix, MS Defender, SCCM, Active Directory and other systems.
* Provide ad hoc and scheduled technical advice and guidance to all Council Officers, Schools based staff and external clients either on site or through the use of remote tools in the use of systems and applications to ensure appropriate skills and expertise are available to enable clients to make effective use of ICT.
* Undertake and monitor complex project work, tasks, training and requests for assistance, upgrades and installs, either with others or on own initiative to ensure that installations, support and training are delivered in a timely manner to corporate Council standards and to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
* Plan, prepare and deliver training sessions, meetings, workshops, reviews and presentations for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences including Schools based staff, in order to provide all clients with the skills and understanding needed to carry out their IT related tasks effectively and efficiently.
* Ensure that all problems and solutions are documented (utilising standard software and procedures) to enable the provision and upkeep of a corporate knowledge base which is available for the speedy resolution of subsequent faults.
* Ensure that all stages of tasks are documented and that all clients and management are informed of the current status of unresolved problems all times to enable escalation procedures to be applied when appropriate and tasks resolved in the fastest time possible.
* Use automated and remote technology solutions for delivery, support and training to ensure that a more effective use of time is achieved by shortening the installation and support time of desktop management and minimising site visits.
* Undertake additions and modifications to systems that provide access security control to ensure that unauthorised access to systems is prevented.
* Degree level qualification, or equivalent, in a relevant field
* Commitment to continued professional development
* Practical work experience supporting the deliver of ICT products and services
* Some supervisory experience – work allocation and monitoring
* Development and administration of remedy software
* Understanding of data protection, freedom of information and confidentiality requirements
* Specialist knowledge of the underlying technologies and tools used to support and deliver ICT, as well as a range of hardware and software in use across, and under development, preferably across the public sector (see advert text for details)
* Awareness of PRINCE 2 & ITIL methodology
If you have the necessary experience and qualifications to fulfill this role, please submit your CV ASAP