Please check your email .
* Responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include IT administration, user administration, system maintenance, IT documentation, policy and process writing, IT auditing, MSP liaison, IT project delivery and user training
* Salary: £23,000 to £27,000 per annum depending on your previous experience
* Benefits: Hybrid working options, generous holiday allowance, flexible working hours, employer pension contributions, comprehensive travel insurance, private medical insurance, critical illness cover, income protection, full funding for external training, interest-free travel loan scheme, discounted gym memberships, and more
* Role Type: Full-time, permanent
* Start date: We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2023, including March and April, and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form
* Location: This role is available in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, as well as our London and Manchester offices
About the Role
In recent years, the Technical Operations (TechOps) division has been investing heavily in the company’s IT infrastructure and building an IT function that is unlike a traditional IT department. The supportive and friendly team are looking for new colleagues to help deliver first-class systems administration, a wide variety of cloud IT projects, process optimisations and skill-sharing, whilst retaining the personal touch Costello Medical employees have come to know and love.
Key responsibilities will include:
* General administration of on-premise and cloud technologies
* Purchasing, setting up and issuing hardware (e.g., laptops and peripherals) as well as managing equipment lifecycles such as retirement and disposal, and maintaining an accurate asset database
* Acting as a representative of the TechOps division within the wider company; discussing projects with users, announcing and explaining changes, soliciting and actioning feedback, and generally maintaining our excellent relationship with other teams within the business
* Collaborating with the managed service provider (MSP) to ensure that high quality user support and systems management is maintained
* Contributing towards a wide range of internally delivered and outsourced IT projects (e.g., implementing new systems, software and hardware)
* Conducting audits across systems, e.g., checking access rights and reporting on inactivity
* Within the role, you will also have opportunities to:
* Contribute towards technical writing pieces, such as process documentation, policy writing and technical or lay training
* Travel to our national and global offices to complete on-site tasks such as office moves and infrastructure updates
* Support cybersecurity initiatives, such as responding to phishing incidents
A Day in the Life of an IT Administrator
To learn more about a typical day for an IT Administrator at Costello Medical, please visit our website.
The IT Administrator role is best suited to an individual in their early IT career who is looking to develop their skills and progress their career in the industry.
Essential requirements for the role are:
* Experience administrating enterprise IT solutions, particularly in the areas of identity and access management and file system administration
* Excellent written and verbal communication; an ability to communicate confidently and professionally to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Exceptional organisational skills and high levels of attention to detail, with a commitment to the highest standards of quality and customer service in all your work
* The ability to plan and prioritise your own time, manage and meet competing deadlines, and coordinate with others
* The ability to conduct work on projects in a results-focussed way, providing pragmatic solutions and resolving roadblocks
* An interest in, and aptitude for, mastering unfamiliar systems and company processes
* Either 1 year of experience in an IT related role, a relevant bachelor’s degree, or an entry level industry standard qualification (e.g., CompTIA, Microsoft, ITIL)
* Experience with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
Desired requirements for the role are:
* Experience with Microsoft 365: Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, Admin Centre, Endpoint Manager, Intune, Defender for Endpoint
* Experience with cloud storage solutions
* Experience in administrating IT hardware (procurement, configuration, returns, disposal, etc.) and maintaining an asset database
* Familiarity with IT policies and experience of developing and writing IT processes
* An aptitude in MacOS
Why Choose a Career in IT with Costello Medical?
We strongly recognise the importance of IT talent and feel we have a unique offering at Costello Medical to build your IT career at Costello Medical.
Just the fun bits of IT. We outsource technical support and infrastructure administration to our MSP, which allows our IT Administrators to focus their time on contributing to exciting new projects and proactive improvements that optimise IT operations and improve the user experience.
Grow your skills at the cutting edge. We are continuously improving our systems; over the past few years, we have stripped out much of our existing infrastructure and implemented innovative cloud-based solutions. As an IT Administrator, you will gain valuable experience with cutting edge technologies, and will have the opportunity to implement new technologies of your own!
Users who respect and value you. IT Administrators do not provide frontline support. Since employees aren’t approaching us with problems and complaints, it’s easy to build positive, trusting and respectful relationships with them. As an IT Administrator, you will feel like a valued and integral part of the company.
A truly varied role. You will have opportunities to work in IT security, information governance, IT infrastructure, projects, development, technical writing, and much more. As the company’s technological needs are always changing, there are always new opportunities available.
We are invested in our culture. We are committed to our company values which promote a fun, friendly and innovative workplace in which we strive to deliver the highest standards of quality. As a result, we have been listed in The Top 100 Companies to Work For list for five consecutive years, and achieved B Corp certification in 2022. These values are embraced within the entire company, including the TechOps team.
Have your say and shape your own career. Given we outsource a lot of our IT, our internal team is relatively small. Your voice matters; you will have a significant influence in team decisions, and can choose the technical areas you would like to specialise in. You will be encouraged to take your career in a direction that challenges you to meet your own goals.
Contribute towards something bigger than IT. Our customers are some the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies and charitable organisations, and as an organisation, we are committed to improving health globally. By keeping our systems running and allowing us to serve our customers, you are directly contributing towards improving global health. You will also be supporting a company that believes in corporate social responsibility and be able to give back to the local community through funded volunteering and pro bono days.
The Recruitment Process
Our recruitment process includes completion of two assessment exercises which can be done in your own time. If successful, you will be invited to an interview. Our standard recruitment process typically lasts three weeks, however, for candidates who can complete the assessment exercises promptly, the process can be completed in as little as two weeks.
We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2023, including March and April, and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Whilst there are no set application deadlines, we strongly recommend applying as early as possible so that we can begin processing your application. The role may close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that this role is available in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge as well as our London and Manchester offices