Please check your email .
DevOps Lead – Introduction
If you have worked as DevOps Engineer or have experience in a similar software engineering role this is an amazing opportunity to join an expanding science-based SME with a bright future. As a world leader in delivering nature data and intelligence, NatureMetrics is a technology company working at the cutting edge of molecular biodiversity monitoring and bringing high-throughput DNA sequencing technologies to the frontline of environmental management around the world. We have grown rapidly over the last five years and validated our technology in multiple industry sectors and regions. With an exciting scale up plan backed by ambitious and supportive investors, we are now looking for a DevOps Lead to support the DevOps engineering aspects of all in-house developed services and the configuration of procured systems.
DevOps Lead – The Role
* Build and implement new development tools & infrastructure
* Understand the needs of stakeholders & convey them to developers
* Work on ways to automate & improve development & release processes
* Test & examine code written by others & analyse results
* Ensure that systems are safe/ secure
* Identify technical problems & develop software updates/fixes
* Work with software developers/engineers to ensure that development follows established processes & works as intended
* Plan projects & input on project management decisions
* Help maintain software development documentation & infrastructure on AWS/Azure/GCP
DevOps Lead – About You
* Experience as a DevOps engineer or in a similar software engineering role
* Proficiency with Git & GitHub workflows
* Able to select & deploy appropriate CI/CD tools: e.g., GitHub actions, Azure DevOps etc.
* Working knowledge of databases like SQL, NoSQL
* Good knowledge & experience with Terraform
* Experience with Kubernetes
* Experience in AWS or Azure
* Good at problem-solving & working as part of a team
DevOps Lead – Desirable Skills
* Experience with any workflow software
* Experience with graph databases
* Experience with machine learning
* Used to monitoring & measuring customer experience & KPIs
DevOps Lead – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Company pension
- Flexible 40-hour week (core hours 10am to 4pm) including 1 hour paid lunch
- Cycle to Work Scheme,
- Enhanced family friendly policy
- Dedicated well-being room
- Health insurance.
This is a remote based role, with the expectation that the successful candidate will attend the office 2-3 days per month.
DevOps Lead – How to Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you. Full JD below.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At NatureMetrics diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us to the communities we work with. Our values leave no space for stereotypes. We are all unique and pull together for a common purpose