Please check your email .
Business Intelligence Developer
Mansfield area - hybrid - work from home 2 days per week
£45,000 - £50,000
My client is a well-established, global trader operating from a multi million pound premises in the Mansfield area of Nottingham. They are a family owned business with solid values and many of their workforce stay at the company for the whole of their career.
The company is looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Developer who will work proactively on their journey to become a data-driven organisation. This is an end-to-end role within BI Development - gathering requirements, building/designing a scope, having meetings with stakeholders, testing, implementing, documentation, delivering workshops, maintenance.
Key Duties for the BI Developer
* From multiple data sources, provide a clear overview of activity, resources usage and performance to inform options and decisions in the organisation
* Present the data from the sources in reports / dashboards, communicating complex matters to non-analytical professionals through presentations
* Work with internal and external stakeholders, to gather requirements and build out designs for reporting
* Support decision-makers and their process through clear, relevant and reliable data to be used to evaluate any options
* Provide intelligence, insights and advice to support the managing programmes such as budgets and resources to ensure finances are efficiently used
* Maintain, improve and update the current reporting suite of scheduled and on-demand reports consisting of Excel spreadsheets and Crystal reports primarily based on SQL datasets
Person Specification for the BI Developer
* ANSI standard SQL
* ETL processing
* Some knowledge of a programming language (preferably C#)
* SQL Server - SSIS, SSAS
* Power BI - experience of multiple project delivery
* Data/metric definition (desirable)
* Data Warehousing (desirable)
* Git/DevOps (desirable)
* Enthusiastic and highly motivated
* Friendly, approachable, and flexible
* Have a determined and meticulous approach to work
* Organised and methodical
* Loves problem solving and creating solutions showing their own initiative
* Able to work on their own and as part of a collaborative team
* The core hours of work are Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm - with flexibility on either side of this.
* Hybrid working - with the option of up to 2 days per week work from home
* The company offers a number of benefits such as Profit Related Pay Scheme (after 1 year of service), a Group Personal pension plan, subsidised restaurant and car parking facilities
Please note that due to a high volume of applications across all our adverts we are only able to respond to those who have been shortlisted. If you haven't had a response within 48 hrs, please assume you have been unsuccessful