Please check your email .
SOC Analyst (L2)
On-site | Isle of Man
Up to £45,000 DOE
A SOC Analyst is required to join a rapidly scaling MSP/MSSP that offers a wide range of security-driven services to industry leaders and businesses. This company proactively delivers cybersecurity solutions designed to improve the resilience and efficiency of its client’s security posture.
As an L2 SOC Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the threat hunting and vulnerability management operations, as well as managing the incident response on behalf of the company and their clients. You will assess current and emerging threats and vulnerabilities, searching for persistent threats and investigating security events. To ensure all incidents are well managed through their phases and reduce the Mean Time To Contain as far as possible, also to assist in the conversations of resolved client incidents into ongoing managed service contracts. You should be knowledgeable about information security frameworks and systems, and excellent at following them.
Some of what you will be doing:
* Investigating and analysing security events & incidents, following up plans in accordance with Incident Response procedures
* Contribute to improving the incident handling playbook by assisting in modelling new attack scenarios
* Analyst and monitor security logs to identify potential threats
* Take ownership of escalated incidents and control the quality of actions performed
* Investigate and remediate unresolved endpoint security threats
* Provide technical support for vulnerability management and penetration testing operations (on/off-site)
* Investigate/report suspicious emails
* Maintain an understanding of current security threats/trends
Ideally, your skills and experience will include:
* NIST/ ISO 27001
* Risk Management Methodologies
* Patch Management, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems
* Network Defence
* Ethical Hacking
* Incident Response
* Computer Forensics, Reverse Engineering
* CompTIA Security+/CISM/CISSP