Please check your email .
My client is seeking an experienced IT Technician to join a fast-paced team. This role is more of a senior position working more between 2nd and a little 3rd line and getting involved with 1st line where necessary. There is a high emphasis based on experience with SharePoint, if you have relevant experience it is highly desirable.
Day Rate: 160 p/d (IR35)
Location: Newbury, Berkshire (Driving License highly desirable)
- Support and problem solving, with the technical capability to range from prem and cloud based IT systems, so as to be able to provide technical assistance on system integration.
- As required, maintain department documentation
- In order to align with the operational structures and processes, ability to manage content structures within the internal web platforms (such as SharePoint)
- Setting up and/or taking down equipment for events where necessary
- Prioritise support activities according to importance, urgency, and workload so as to maximise the benefits.
- Provide user application support to assist users in their use of advanced functionality that may be beyond their normal scope.
- Domain, AD, Group Policies
- Experience of IT systems problem diagnosis
- High level skills in MS Office applications
- IT enthusiast with the ability to impart that enthusiasm on others
- Good logical technical problem solver able to analyse and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels
- An appreciation of customer needs and quality of service
- Ability to work with users of all levels of IT capability
- Ability to prioritise within demanding work loads
- Ability to work within agreed deadlines
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy with an appreciation for documenting
- An appreciation of and ability to work within formal procedures and standards
- Understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures
- Understanding of GDPR and its implications
Key Working Knowledge of the following
- DNS & DHCP
- Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Network endpoint security and Firewall/Filtering appliances
- SSL, certificates, and MS Certificate Authority
- DBMS, e.g. MS-SQL Server
- Web Servers
- Scripting including PowerShell
- Network routing, vLANs
- Experience of media editing applications with a good understanding of formats, data rates and file sizes and their application.
- Experience of the educational environment, primarily at secondary level.
Systems Currently in use as follows:
- Gigabit switched infrastructure (fibre and UTP)
- Multiple vLAN and traffic management with active monitoring
- Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor
- Wireless services
- Domain services inc. AD, DHCP, DNS, Group Policies, ADFS, Certificates and CAs
- Windows 10, 11, Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, and Linux environments
- OS and application deployment
- SAN storage
- VEEAM backup
- RemoteApp and Remote Desktop Services
- Splicecom Phone System and Teams SBC
- Office 365 (including Exchange, SharePoint and Teams being used as a collaborative platform for teaching and learning)
- Microsoft Azure
- Firewall and web-filter appliance
- Media applications including Adobe CC
- Cisco Duo
- VMWare ESX