Please check your email .
As an Data Centre Engineer you will be working as part of an established team, supporting 2 large data centres in the Doxford (Sunderland) and Wynyard (Middlesbrough) providing onsite IT infrastructure support.
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate will need to either hold or be prepared to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason we are only able to progress with applications from British Nationals.
The core duties of a Data Centre Engineer will involve racking and stacking of hardware, structured and patch cable installations (fibre and copper) and Incident Support.
The site benefits from easy access to travel links, free parking, and subsidised employee rates at the on-site restaurant.
This is a permanent role working Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:15. Also when required, participation in an on-call rota to cover break fix issues outside of business hours.
Key tasks / responsibilities include:
* Installation/Move/Add/Change tasks for scheduled work
* On-site operational support for break fix incidents
* Patching and structured cabling installations and decommissions
* Work under the direction of remote and local teams to install and configure IT equipment
* Troubleshooting connectivity issues including trunk cabling, patching and configuration issues
* Coordinate and manage escalations for data issues with supplementary service providers performing additional data services
* Participate in an on-call rota to cover break fix issues outside of business hours
* Support IMAC work where there is a requirement for this to be supported out of hours
Essential skills / qualifications:
* Hardware and connectivity troubleshooting experience
* Basic knowledge of AC/DC voltage
* Ability to apply subject matter knowledge to resolve general support issues
* Experience of cable installations performed to an extremely high standard
* Ability to use tools and measurements which are compliant with cabling certification process for fibre and copper infrastructure
* Ability to look for opportunities to improve existing processes and workflow designs
* Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to listen and interface with both technical and non-technical personnel
* Demonstrated ability to recognise and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership
* Must have an understanding of various enterprise devices and be able to install, patch and apply basic configs
* Hardware knowledge from a variety of manufactures including Cisco, HP, Checkpoint, F5 and Riverbed.
* Full UK driving Licence with access to own vehicle
Desirable skills / qualifications:
* Technical associate's degree, vendor specific training or at least 2-4 years related job experience
* Intermediate troubleshooting and problem solving phone skills, using quantitative data to draw conclusions
* Intermediate computer skills with the ability to utilize computerised work order systems and inventory tracking
* UTP and Fibre optic cabling installation, testing, and repair
Working as part of the FDS team you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance and flexible holiday to name a few
Sound good? Apply now!
By completing the application process you agree that ES Field Delivery UK LTD (FDS) may contact you in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in connection with your application via the contact details you provided in relation to the vacancy you have applied for. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed on our website