Please check your email .
We’re seeking a savvy, motivated Data Centre Engineer who wants to maximise their strong people management and organisational skills. Based at our Doxford Data Centre, the successful candidate will provide onsite IT support to a new IT lab/testing environment that has recently been installed.
As an Data Centre Engineer you will be responsible for the ongoing support and management of the hardware infrastructure. Primarily, the environment is used for the design and testing of mobile phone applications, so there will be a lot of hands-on work configuring and connecting mobile devices.
The site benefits from easy access to travel links, free parking, and subsidised employee rates at the on-site restaurant. This is a permanent role working Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:15.
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate will need to either already have or be prepared to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason we are only able to progress with applications from British Nationals.
Key tasks / responsibilities include:
• Hardware installations/decommisons – racking of hardware, patching and configuration of devices to make them remotely accessible.
• Daily hardware checks and reporting of any component failures.
• Management of the eLabs service request queue – respond and implement any changes being implemented at the data centre.
• CRU hardware replacements.
• Carry out twice daily checks of every device in the mobile centre environment. Report any issues to eLabs team and remove devices from service if hardware
issues are detected.
• Pickup Service Requests in relation to mobile centre projects for physical device reconnection / checks and action.
• Facilitate and escort engineers for any site visits for any hardware repairs.
• Document and maintain the cabling schedule for copper and fibre patching as changes are made.
• Maintain and update hardware asset details in Insight CMDB / DOMS.
• Work alongside existing data centre teams and assist with operational tasks and audits as and when required.
Essential skills / qualifications:
• Hardware troubleshooting experience with a demonstrated ability to recognise and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership.
• Basic knowledge of AC/DC voltage.
• Ability to apply subject matter knowledge to resolve general support issues.
• An understanding of various enterprise devices and be able to install, patch and apply basic configs.
• Ability to adhere to strict data centre guidelines and processes.
• Intermediate computer skills with the ability to utilise computerised work order systems and inventory tracking.
• Ability to look for opportunities to improve existing processes and workflow designs.
• Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to listen and interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
Desirable skills / qualifications:
• Technical associate degree, vendor specific training or at least 2-4 years related job experience.
• UTP and Fibre optic cabling installation, testing, and repair
• Ability to use tools and measurements which are compliant with cabling certification and testing for fibre and copper infrastructure.
• Hardware knowledge from a variety of manufactures including Cisco, HP, Checkpoint, F5 and Riverbed.
Working as part of the FDS team you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance and flexible holiday to name a few
Sound good? Apply now for consideration!
By completing the application process, you agree that ES Field Delivery UK LTD (FDS) may contact you in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in connection with your application via the contact details you provided in relation to the vacancy you have applied for. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed on our website