The Director, CTO Transition & Transformation will coordinate and facilitate all Transition & Transformation initiatives across the CTO function. As a result of rapid growth, the global nature of the business, and the history of multiple outsourcing arrangements in the last few years, PepsiCo's landscape is fragmented, with numerous duplications in data and tools and low process adherence. One of the critical expectations of this role is to streamline and drive large-scale change forward. This role will need to understand the current landscape quickly, develop the short-term (two-year) road map to achieve the desired future state, and then keep it in line with the industry's best practices.
The scope of this role is to lead a team of PepsiCo and Partner resources that will manage the end-to-end Transition & Transformation of the CTO's Global Infrastructure provided to 300,000 PepsiCo employees globally through multiple outsourced partners. This scope of CTO Global Infrastructure is - PepsiCo's Service Desk, End User Computing, Data Centre Operations, Database support, Network Operations, and Cloud Operation and Vulnerability Management Services. The size of the teams (Internal and External) supporting this Transition and Transformation is ~ 150 people. The expectation is that this transformation will yield a Year on Year productivity of ~ 7 % of TCV (Total contract value) while increasing overall customer satisfaction and business agility.
As a member of the IT senior leadership team, the Director of CTO Transition & Transformation is an influential role and will be accountable for
- Design, co-develop, and deliver the transition & transformation scope listed in a five multiple-year Sourcing Strategy program (Sourcing 2.0). This includes modernization and consolidation of our Technology Assets, integration of the vendor support models, supporting the design & delivery of the Machine First One PepsiCo Command Centre for the end-to-end observability of PepsiCo's technology platforms, Tooling consolidation, ITIL and ITSM Process simplification, Implementation of Cognitive Service Management, and bringing the self-service, automated delivery approach to IT demands.
- Enable a data-led, machine-first approach to operations and ensure continual Service improvement with a focus on customer at heart.
- Integrating cross-functional teams and inspiring change by identifying and implementing the best ways of working across the organization
- Work closely with PepsiCo's Vendor Management Teams and lead the day-to-day Governance of the Sourcing 2.0 partner agreements to ensure that all the committed benefits are realized.
- Making investment and priority trade-off decisions, negotiating and managing the committed scope, and driving productivity.
- Partner with the CTO Technology teams, Sector CIO Teams, Enterprise Architecture Teams, and other Global & Regional Teams to develop the roadmap and define the detailed plan for the overall Transition and Transformation proposed as a part of Sourcing 2.0. The critical transformation themes are
o Cognitive Service Management through ITIL Process refinements & implementation
o Machine First led the delivery of all CTO services to support Faster & Stronger PepsiCo
o Tooling Consolidation - End to End Observability for Proactive & predictive delivery of IT Services through OnePOC.
o Simplification of Service Portal, Omni Channel Integration, and modernization of Service Catalogue
o Development of User experience command center (EUX Command Centre)
o Modernize CI, Service Map, and Asset Management
o Simplification of BOT Channel and BOT Consolidation
- Partner with the selected MSP provider (one or several) to enable transition and successful change management. Monitor the program's overall progress, focusing on budgets, key milestones, resources, and dependencies. Due to the size and scale of PepsiCo, it is expected that the overall transition and transformation will involve a significantly high degree of complexity.
- Holds accountability for delivering the business case benefits by partnering with key stakeholders & Senior Management teams to oversee and resolve issues and concerns.
- Drives the strategic direction for Sourcing 2.0 transformation, ensuring prioritization of critical projects and devising new ideas and initiatives to support the organization
- Works with functional teams to Invoke SIPs for failing suppliers and ensure adherence to SIP.
- Manage the day-to-day contractual and commercial commitments along with the vendor management team.
- Motivate, Inspire, attract, and retains talent and build a high-performing team based on trust, stretch, commitment, and accountability.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, MIS with expert-level knowledge of IT Service Operations and ITSM
- 18+ years in Information Technology management position.
- Extensive experience in Transformation program management and significant portfolio experience
- Strong formal and informal communication skills and a proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with Senior internal and external stakeholders.
- credibility and impact with senior leaders; adept at coaching, influencing and persuading to gain buy-in to enable change through aligned teams across a matrix organization.
- Self-starter, proactive, and highly organized leader with demonstrable knowledge and experience in delivering large-scale IT changes with outsourced teams (800 - 2000 FTE)
- In-depth working knowledge of the principles and concepts that underpin change management and ability to advise Senior stakeholders on 'good practice approach' to business change.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of the implementation and operational issues, demonstrated by a practical approach to technical problem-solving.
- the ability to define and structure complex problems, evaluate new concepts and ideas, and identify sound recommendations and solutions.
- demonstrable experience of running a multi-streamed program, with excellent project management skills and knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall approaches.
- worked closely with a senior executive team to ensure a clear transformation and change roadmap and clearly defined plans, benefits, and KPIs.
- Track record of consistently delivering excellent results in challenging and/or transformational environments.
- A fast and fearless leader, learner, and team player that embraces a transformational mindset and company's core values better, stronger, and quicker.
- Ability to identify patterns, process information quickly, and make decisions promptly - analytical mindset
- Ability to create new solutions to old problems, even when greeted with opposition - innovative mindset
- Ability to greet each new day, project, escalation or setback as an opportunity to improve - a positive mindset
- Ability to stand up for what is right and most advantageous for the company, its employees, and its shareholders - fearless mindset