Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) is looking to hire a Python Engineer to join our extremely talented Data Science team. As a Python Software Engineer at UKG, you'll be embedded on the Data Science team where you can work on the next generation AI Platform. You'll get to work directly with other Engineers, Software Testers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Directors, all of whom make up the team. In this highly collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a software engineer, and even help mentor others.
The Python Software Engineer position requires excellent object-oriented programming skills and knowledge of design patterns. The Python Engineer will be involved in the deployment of our AI Platform/Services solution on the cloud. The job requires you to be able to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug complex software applications at the enterprise level. We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about programming and truly enjoys what they do. The ideal candidate for the Python Engineer position is someone who has a can-do attitude and is an innovative thinker.
UKG works in an agile environment where there are daily stand-ups, code reviews, and constant communication within each self-managed cross-functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Business Analysts and Software Testers, as well as work closely with other team members are key components for success in this position.
• Collaborate with members of the team to solve challenging engineering tasks on time and with high quality.
• Engage in code reviews and training of team members.
• Support continuous deployment pipeline code.
• Situationally troubleshoot production issues alongside the support team.
• Continually research and recommend product improvements.
• Create and integrate features for our enterprise software solution using the latest Python technologies.
• Write web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using Python
• Actively communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
• Leverage open-source and other technologies and languages outside of the Python platform.
• Develop cutting-edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
• Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the engineering team.
• Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development, including Kanban, automated unit testing, test fixtures, and pair programming.
• 3 or more years' experience as a Python developer on enterprise projects using Python, Flask, FastAPI, PyTest, Celery and other Python frameworks.
• Software development experience including object-oriented programming, concurrency programming, modern design patterns, RESTful service implementation, micro-service architecture, test-driven development, and acceptance testing.
• Familiarity with tools used to automate the deployment of an enterprise software solution to the cloud, Terraform, Concourse, Ansible, etc.
• Proficiency with Git as a version control system
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB and MSSQL.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
• Experience with testing tools such as PyTest, Wiremock, xUnit, mocking frameworks, etc.
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
• Experience with Java and Spring a big plus.
• Experience with GCP a big plus.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science, Mathematics, Computational Linguistics or similar field
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.