Please check your email .
Blue Arrow are proud to be working with a leading utility provider in Cardiff.
My client are looking to recruit a x3 Maintenance Operative / Handyman in Reading to join their team on full time basis.
LENGTH OF CONTRACT Start ASAP with potential for permanent placement
HOURS Full time - Monday to Friday
PAY RATE £17- £23 (PAYE Direct)
INTERVIEW PROCESS Teams
We looking to recruit a Mobile Maintenance Operative (Electrical, Mechanical or Plumbing bias) for Reading to provide a service to the Company's corporate site in respect of maintenance/service/repairs and installation of a variety of building services.
The successful person must be multi-skilled with an Electrical, Mechanical or Plumbing base trade qualification. You must be able to demonstrate multi-trade experience within a similar role, able to achieve the highest level of customer service, work under pressure, possess a flexible approach and be prepared to travel.
Experience working with Air Handling Units, Air Conditioning, Generators, Boilers, Plumbing, Electrical, UPS and Fire alarm systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To undertake such maintenance repairs, installation or servicing work as detailed by the FM Maintenance Supervisor/FM Maintenance Manager.
* To comply with the Company's procedures when working on SSE premises.
* To observe and comply with all SSE work practices and to ensure compliance with the appropriate Health & Safety statutory requirements at all times.
* To maintain all company issued equipment in a clean, serviceable, presentable and kept in a safe manner.
* Ensure all Company paperwork is always completed accurately and legibly and presented in a timely manner.
* Participate in the Company's out of hour's emergency Standby Rota as required.
* Maintain a professional manner at all times and develop good working relationships with stakeholders and other staff members.
* Carry out site inductions, escort and issue permits for 3rd party contractors attending SSE sites to conduct works.
* To research and source materials and equipment spares to facilitate the timely & effective service to our clients.
* Communicate current status of works to our Helpdesk after completion of visit.
* Ensure that work area is maintained in a clean and tidy state and dispose of all waste products in a suitable manner and in line with company procedures.
* Respond in a timely manner to verbal/written and electronic requests.
* Act as first point of contact for the site facilities requirements within the region.
* Sign off FM work orders ensuring completion within allocated times and return to the helpdesk daily.
* Carry out multi skilled activities within the FM remit.
Ideal Candidates must possess:
* Previous experience working in a commercial FM/Maintenance related environment.
* Minimum City & Guilds Level 3 qualified
* Ability to effectively communicate with our staff and service providers.
* Ability to show a professional attitude to whatever jobs carried out.
* Ability to support and contribute to M&E and building fabric maintenance.
* A good knowledge of health and safety legislation & requirements.
* Ability to handle tools & equipment correctly and safely.
* Good communication skills.
* Good decision maker and ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Use of Microsoft Office and CAFM Packages.
* Clean Driving License is required.
Why should you apply?
A highly competitive pay structure
Up to 33 days holiday
Flexible working - Hybrid
A contributory pension scheme
Ongoing training and career development
Employee recognition scheme.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Blue Arrow is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to helping find great work opportunities for great people