Please check your email .
Our client is looking to hire an experienced ICT Communications Specialist, to join them at their office in Northop, North Wales, supporting the Oil and Gas assets that are present both onshore and offshore in the region.
This is a permanent role with a competitive annual salary plus car and lunch allowances. The company offers a hybrid working model with up to 8 days of WFH per calendar month.
* Perform operational management of all telecommunications systems including those supporting core production processes in offshore and onshore locations.
* Perform operational management of voice, video and network services.
* Incident and problem management for supported systems, covering Telephony, GPA Carrier systems (Fibre Optic, LOS and Multiplexor), Navigation and Radar systems, LAN, WAN, WiFi, video-conferencing, working independently or with other ICT staff.
* Ensure effective change and asset management for supported systems, logging changes accurately, with relevant approvals, and ensuring that the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is kept up to date.
* Monitor supported systems and produce quantified performance metrics and reports
* To assist in ensuring that supported systems and change processes adhere to company governance standards and reporting requirements.
* Adhere to company HSE policies, procedures & standards at all times.
* Degree in Information and Communications Technology or equivalent experience, knowledge and skills
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching qualification or equivalent experience, knowledge and skills
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Voice qualification or equivalent experience, knowledge and skills
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security qualification or equivalent experience, knowledge and skills
* Detailed knowledge of offshore communications systems including VHF, UHF, Microwave line-of-sight radio and satellite communications systems
* knowledge of Mitel voice communications and Hotline Omnibus systems
* Detailed knowledge and experience of Cisco network systems, in particular routers, switches and wireless LAN systems.
* Ability to define ICT service requirements and evaluate vendor services
* Knowledge of ITIL methodology would be helpful, but is not essential.
* Wide, relevant knowledge and experience of Local Area and Wide Area Network for both Voice and Data Communications. Including network monitoring principles and tools
* Detailed knowledge of Cisco voice communications systems.
* Broad ICT experience of management of networks including monitoring and reporting network performance
If this sounds like you, please don't hesitate to apply now