Please check your email .
TQR are excited to be working closely with an excellent, Plymouth-based, Shared Services provider, and are looking for two Senior Infrastructure Engineers. These are fantastic opportunities to join a great company on a full-time, fixed-term basis (15-24 Months), and are not to be missed!
We are looking for someone to undertake and oversee the day-to-day monitoring of IT network infrastructure, ensuring customer Service Level Agreements are met and that Infrastructure security and compliance guidelines are achieved. If you are looking for a role that you can really make the most of, and you want an opportunity to join a great business, we want to hear from you.
A few things that would help you to make an impact in your new role would be experience leading and contributing to the successful delivery of Infrastructure projects, along with a background in delivering small, medium, and large sized projects across the infrastructure portfolio. You will be given all the tools and support to be able to settle into your new role and to hit the ground running.
Some of the main duties of this role will include:
* Responsible for providing advice so that Infrastructure availability and capacity is at its maximum
* Provide advice on technical projects to ensure fit for purpose solutions are put in place
* Undertake risk management to ensure the optimal solution to a business case, considering technology changes, data growth, failures, and business changes
* A range of solutions can exist for one problem and the post holder must provide advice on which solution is the most appropriate course of action, to ensure that consistent, supportable, and documented standards are achieved
* Deliver the IT Infrastructure Service in the most effective and efficient way and in accordance with IT strategy, technology architecture, best practice, and industry standards
* Work to corporate processes, procedures and develop and maintain the knowledge base for the Service
* Work with colleagues and customers to ensure compliant services are delivered
* Carry out risk assessments as part of change management including assessing, implementing and testing changes
What’s in it for you?
* Competitive salary
* Extensive benefits package
* The opportunity to grow and develop personally and professionally
* You’ll be joining the business at a really exciting time, when the business’s ambitions will match your own!
Some of the qualities that will help you to succeed in this role are:
* Excellent interpersonal skills to put the customer first.
* A full UK driving license
* Demonstrable experience working in a professional, customer focused, ITIL environment.
* Knowledge and proven understanding of multiple IT areas encompassing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Line support in an ITIL environment.
* Significant experience of working with:
* Switching and routing in a commercial environment.
* Storage and Compute technologies, Hyperconverged or SAN. (Nutanix)
* Virtualisation Platforms, AHV, VMware, etc
* Managing and maintaining firewalls in a commercial environment. (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, FortiGate, Meraki desirable)
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply today by submitting an up to date CV via the ‘apply’ button.
For a chat about this position please call Rhys on (phone number removed)
We look forward to hearing from you