Please check your email .
Working with a control systems team and on open-source software used globally in Fusion and with potential for other sectors, a software engineer is required to develop UI applications and productivity enhancing tools. Responsibilities to include
* Leading and supporting the development of custom tooling for an open-source set of control system libraries (MARTe2.0)
* UI/UX design and development as well as related code generation workflows.
* Broader project development activities including the full range of software engineering tasks from community engagement, through requirements management, design, implementation, testing and QA.
The tooling is currently written in python/Qt, though the team is open to alternative suggestions for the front-end UI development.
* Master's degree in Software Engineering or technical subject or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Extensive industry experience working in software engineering or related field.
* Strong programming capability to develop working, understandable software in python with experience of UI/UX methods and toolkits which have multi-platform (Linux, Windows, MacOS) support.
* A strong understanding of software engineering techniques and design principles including lifecycle, version control and workflows (git, CI/CD, pytest), and documentation.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven ability to lead and function as part of a team.
* Strong ability to apply design principles.
* Appetite and ability to learn and apply new technologies.
* Experience with other UI/UX approaches
* Experience with code generation techniques
* Experience in the Linux environment
* Experience with C, C++ development workflow.
* Experience working with Docker and containerized environments.
* Experience in working with open source projects and engaging communities.
* Familiarity with control systems, / embedded systems / signal processing.
* Familiarity of control system modelling (matlab/Simulink).
* Familiarity with domain specific language methods and toolkits.
* Knowledge of web technologies and microservice architectures.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants