Technical Delivery Manager
As a Barclays Technical Delivery Manager, you will be participating in the design, development and delivery of complex big data and analytics solutions using the Elastic stack, leading and managing the delivery of internal projects, initiatives and technical solutions at the front of agile development and engineering teams consisting of solution architects, analysts, development, QA and platform engineering roles.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Acting as an agile coach guiding the team through agile practices such as story points estimation, iteration planning and continuous delivery
• Working with the Product Owner and Development Team to coordinate the agile events (Iteration Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Reviews and Retrospectives)
• Driving the team to maximise the value they are creating through understanding the business success criteria and continuously monitoring and improving key metrics
• Supporting continuous improvement of the development and delivery practices and processes, and ensuring Sprint cycles include appropriate capacity for these improvements
• Monitoring and relentlessly managing quality at every phase of the development and service lifecycle
• Identifying and managing project Dependencies, Risks, Issues and Assumptions
• Making effective and quick decisions to support the delivery teams, and resolving issues using analytical problem-solving skills
• Delivering business/ technical outcomes in line with roadmap /Technical Requirements and aspirations
What we're looking for
• Solid and proven technical background in Infrastructure, Cloud, Data and applications
• Confident, enthusiastic and proactive
• Living Barclays Values on daily basis, acting as a role model
• Implementing Barclays Mindset on daily basis, acting as a role model
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid understanding of technical complex enterprise organisational infrastructure and architecture
• Ability to turn business problems into technical design and implementation
• Technical application and infrastructure delivery experience including effective identification and management of issues, risks, and dependencies
• Ability to execute quickly and effectively, with solid influencing skills and ability to get things done in a complex matrix organisational structure
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.