We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions. Job Description
At ASOS, we take real pride in our best in class microservices architecture, whilst sticking to the ASOS values of Authentic, Brave and Creative and are looking for Software Engineers to support and deliver the on-going software which makes ASOS awesome!
As a Software Engineer in one of our 30 engineering platforms operating at hyper-scale receiving thousands of requests per second, you'll be a hands-on engineer pushing best practice engineering processes and approaches, and driving the capabilities of the platform, ensuring continuous product improvement and ongoing development of engineers through coaching, mentoring and pairing.
What our day looks like:
QualificationsSkills and Experience:
- Work as part of an enthusiastic and motivated agile development team that takes pride in delivering high-quality software into production
- Take a test first approach from business requirements through to code
- You will/Continually develop and improve our code and technology, whilst playing an active role in the conception of brand-new features for our millions of global customers
- Coaching and mentoring more Junior team members
- Keep our customers happy by writing high quality code to handle our hyper-scale demand
- Join our regular Tech Develops days to learn new things, take part in internal and external hackathons, share your knowledge and help to drive improvements in engineering
- Extensive development experience with .NET Core or C#
- Cloud computing (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Cloud databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi, ARM, Bicep or similar)
- CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Octopus, Azure DevOps, Jenkins or similar)
- Performance/load testing
- Test-Driven Development best practices using TDD, BDD/ATDD
- Design patterns (architecture, system, security, networking)
- Cloud integration (Azure Service Bus, Azure Functions, Logic Apps)
- Docker, Kubernetes (preferably AKS)
- Experience of working within an integration domain
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
- Tech Develops - our internal tech focussed skills development programme to focus on your personal growth as a technologist
- Opportunity to represent ASOS at industry leading events
- Opportunity to help shape and drive our DE&I initiatives in Tech (like our WIT movement and Diversity mentoring in Tech)
- Opportunity to make an impact from day one and work with the latest in cutting edge of technology
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That's why we're committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how are we doing it?
\nWe're proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We've also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
We have several employee networks that operate as safe spaces, to help support and celebrate our people - find out more here .
Do you need any reasonable adjustments? Our recruitment team will be happy to support you in the best way possible if you feel comfortable raising this. It's also our policy to interview all candidates with a disability who meet the minimum requirements for roles they have applied to.
If you have any questions about the policies we have in place to support our employees (e.g. our parental leave approach), just let our Talent team know.