At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.Job Description
Turner & Townsend is one of the leading consultancy providers to the Real Estate sector and we have a thriving Real Estate Digital team making the difference for a large number of clients both in the UK and Overseas. We are now looking for a talented Senior Consultant-level (SFIA Level 4) Business Analyst professional to work on a wide variety of exciting projects/programmes and support the leadership of our ambitious growth plans.
Our team are recognized as global experts in the development and deployment of Digital on major projects and programmes, delivering client outcomes which mutually benefit the supply chain and add value to projects.
- The successful candidate will provide business analysis expertise for our commissions. In addition, they will support the development of our analysis and project office capabilities.
- Furthermore they will also support the development of new commercial service opportunities.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Candidates will be expected to engage with clients and be comfortable in eliciting requirements from non-technical stakeholders.
- This is a semi-technical role, requiring; Excel skills, analysis and experience of visualising data with COTS software such as Power BI and Tableau, and the ability to elicit and translate technical requirements from non-technical stakeholders to a team of data analysts.
Consultants will work within our Digital consulting team. They may also operate within wider Turner & Townsend project teams from other business units. In addition, they will need to interact with clients and other project stakeholders. They will support a wide range of projects of all sizes and dimensions. From time to time this may include working with consultants from different agencies.Key Accountabilities
Assisting the team of Analysts & Consultants on a range of tasks, to include:
Other responsibilities, to include:
- Confident working in a technology-driven environment but not necessarily from an IT background
- Understanding of the interplay between human and technology sides of digital transformation
- Constructive challenge of the status quo and taking innovative ideas from concept to practical execution
- Comfortable with uncertainty and confident applying knowledge and skills to new challenges and different environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate to C-Level
- Experience in designing and facilitating multidisciplinary workshops
- Understand the challenges of business change and methods of managing change
- Ability to work in fast-paced multidisciplinary teams, engage credibly at a senior level, provide direction, and help others in the team to develop
- Capturing modelling requirements
- Documenting requirements and acceptance criteria
- Business process modelling, preferably to an established standard (e.g. UML, BPMN etc)
- Managing data capture and validation
- Supporting Data Analysts in the production of systems and models
- Analysis of model output, producing reports and commentary
- Supporting client's use of model outputs for decision making
- Testing of systems and models against requirements
- Conducting assurance checks of implemented systems and models
- Preparing written project communication materials
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Liaising with the client, contractors and designers
- Preparing presentation and other materials for client pitches, etc.
- Inputting key information into the Turner & Townsend internal database tools.
The successful candidate should also be able to obtain at least SC level Security ClearanceAdditional Information
- 3+ years in a business analyst role
- Desirable - previous consulting experience
- Degree or Masters in a STEM discipline (or equivalent) This is not required, but preferred
- Chartered or equivalent professional qualification with a professional institution or recognised body. This is not required, but preferred
- Business Analysis qualifications such as BCS or IIBA
- A strong understanding of different project delivery methodologies (e.g. waterfall, Agile etc)
- Experience with modelling. diagramming applications (e.g. Visio, LucidChart, etc)
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.