We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.What you'll do
"Our team is responsible for building Sky Sports' mobile and web applications. Having millions of users who come back day after day to access our incredible content. This is an excellent opportunity to use exciting technologies and work with some of the most passionate and inspirational people you've ever worked with!" - Amy Bamber, Software Engineering ManagerNote: We've changed the role requirements of this Job to not require mobile experience, but must have developer experience on any technology, if successful we will deliver training for the Android Frameworks. We do ask that any applicant has a strong passion to learn new technologies and is willing to make a career move into mobile development.
What you'll bring
- Build, support and improve coding standard processes to develop testable code at a high quality.
- Take part in key decisions to help guide the team towards scalable and maintainable solutions.
- Make efforts to ensure communication is strong with the Android and wider team.
- Support the team's applications and services out of hours on a rota basis
- Bring a positive solution driven attitude when collaborating with other team members
Team overviewProduct Delivery
- An appetite for a career in Android mobile development.
- Experience in Kotlin/Java preferred but any mainstream language considered.
- Experience with the Android SDK preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of SOLID Principles and design patterns used in any language.
- Experience with all or some of the development process, such as software architecture, monitoring and observability, automated CI/CD pipelines and integrations with API, Graph QL and other backend services, while collaborating closely in a multi-functional team.
- Creativity and keenness to push forward internal development through participating in guilds, sharing knowledge and keeping on top of the newest technologies.
Want to deliver brilliant products and unmissable entertainment that grips millions of households? Our 1000 strong, Product Delivery team does everything from developing innovative AI technology to creating the best HDR viewing experience for TV products. From Sky Go to Sky Q & Sky Glass, we take our products to the next level and make them more agile and reliable with every release.The rewards
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky
: the perks. Here's a taster:
Inclusion & how you'll work
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting daring targets for representation at Sky.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.Your office space Leeds
Our spacious tech hub is less than a mile from Leeds train station. There's plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
Need a break? You can blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.