ClearBank was built on the belief that banking infrastructure would no longer slow down progress. Instead, it's the catalyst that unlocks the potential to innovate. That's why our clients - financial institutions from fintech's and crypto platforms, to banks and credit unions - use our API to power their banking infrastructure.
But we wouldn't be ClearBank without our people. They're what powers our innovative technology and the reason we love what we do every day. We're a group of spirited people who are never afraid to challenge the norm - becoming stronger, more energised, and that much better when we're together. It's our belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means our people are empowered with the tools to learn, grow, and contribute to ours and our clients' success. Interested in joining us? Read on or visit our website for more information. About you
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Platform Team
working on Webhooks and API Gateways
you'll be responsible for the design and delivery of new software that streamlines how our customers interact with the ClearBank Platform. You'll excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills. You'll also enjoy ownership and accountability, so experience of working in an environment where you've been responsible for your code all the way through to monitoring it in production is a big plus.RequirementsYou will be
What we are looking for
- Building and maintaining services responsible for handling millions of requests a day
- Implementing authentication for APIs and customer portals
- Developing Platform Services for internal and external customers
- Experimenting with different tools and processes to support continual internal innovation
- Supporting services from Development to Production via our team On-Call rota
- Solid experience with C# and Automated Testing
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Containers (Docker) and Kubernetes
BenefitsAbout what we offer
- OpenID Connect and OAuth2
- Monitoring and Alerting
- Messaging systems (Azure Service Bus or similar)
- Experience with databases (Azure SQL and Cosmos DB)
The legal bit
- We're remote-first and flexible, so work from home or visit the offices in London and Bristol
- 27 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and x 2 'Bigger Than ClearBank' days
- You have the option to work outside of the UK for up to 30 days per year
- Regular in-person and online company-wide meetups
- A flexible option to finish early on a Friday if it works for you and your team - we call this our 'Fresh Air Fridays'
- Take a couple of days per year to volunteer with your chosen charity to do something bigger than ClearBank
- Private healthcare through Healix and discounted Bupa dental cover, with employee healthy living perks and discounts through YuLife
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Plus, you'll have the opportunity to join an energetic team that's building a bank fit for the future!
By submitting your CV, you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.