Vacancy: Principal Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Stockton on Tees with Hybrid Working
Business Systems Development: Digital
Job Family: IT.Together for a cleaner, healthier world.
Johnson Matthey's vision is for a world that's cleaner and healthier, today and for future generations. As a global leader in sustainable technologies, we apply our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. We've been leaders in our field for more than 200 years, applying unrivalled scientific expertise to enable cleaner air, improved health and the more efficient use of our planet's natural resources.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 14,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that's not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.Job purpose:
Requirements for the role:
- Deliver value to customers: Lead the team to focus on the needs of our customers. Understanding project scope, priorities and managing work.
- Technical Ownership: Lead the technical team in building industry leading, robust software solutions and help in technical decisions. Principal Cloud Software Engineer is responsible for the quality and technical approach by taking ownership and demonstrate pride and excellence in their work.
- Architectural Direction: Support in driving the technical direction of our products and services considering emerging and legacy technologies. Ensure the development of applications/services design specifications is in line with architecture technical standards.
- Security Standards and Data Protection: To keep aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards.
- Team and Knowledge Sharing: To implement improvements to our products, services, processes and knowledge sharing within the team. Mentor other team members by providing advice and coaching.
- Product and Process Improvements: Actively participate in the Incident Management and Release Management processes. Contributing regularly to discussions on improving products by recommending technical solutions to solve customer problems and continuously reducing technical debt.
How you will be rewarded:
- Knowledge of software development tools and activities; ability to produce software products or systems in line with product requirements.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle; ability to use an agile methodology for delivering and creating new or enhancing existing products.
- Good understanding of CI/CD workflow set-up and using Github Actions
- Experienced in Microsoft Azure Services and its implementation including Functions, API Management, CDN, Front Door, Storage, AD B2C, Event Hub and Key Vaults
- Knowledge of software QA and testing tools; ability to use automated tools (i.e Selenium, Nunit) for performing quality assurance activities on software products throughout the development cycle.
- Knowledge of web-development methodologies, processes and practices; ability to design, create and deliver web-based applications.
We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including Bonus, excellent pension contributions and 25 days annual leave; Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as help them focus on your overall wellbeing - for you and your family.
We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities.
We'll give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. We'll empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, we're self-starters, sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. We're passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you - a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.Johnson Matthey is open for discussion on part time, job share and flexible working patternsClosing date for applications:
This job advertisement will be posted for a minimum of 2 weeks, early application is advisedFor any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please let your recruiter know when they contact you.If you are already a Johnson Matthey Employee, please visit the internal careers site to apply: Find Jobs - Workday (myworkday.com)
All applications are carefully considered and your details will be stored on our secure Application Management System. This is used throughout Johnson Matthey for the selection of suitable candidates for our vacancies as they arise. Johnson Matthey respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. For more information about how your personal data is used please view our privacy notice: Johnson Matthey Privacy Notice
You will be contacted by the Johnson Matthey Talent Acquisition team once your details have been reviewed. Please allow four weeks from the closing date to allow for screening to take place.
We appreciate the time and effort taken in completing an application.
By applying for this role and creating an account you are agreeing to Johnson Matthey Privacy Notice
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.