30 Mar 2023 11:59pm
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you thrive on understanding and translating customer needs into new products and capability. You apply deep technical expertise and experience in software application layer solutions, to develop and deliver scalable design blueprints across the end-to-end software development life cycle. Your continuous learning and improvement mindset, collaboration and influencing skills are critical to success in this role.Job Description
"Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and technology company, with operations in more than 20 countries, including In India where we're building a new Innovation and Capability Centre (ICC) in Bangalore.
We're growing, fast, and for you that means many exciting opportunities to develop your career at Telstra. Join us on this exciting journey, and together, we'll reimagine the future.
Our GBS team
The mission of the Global Business Services (GBS) unit is to leverage talent, technology and partnership to create growth, value, innovation and differentiation via a service mindset.
Our focus is to deliver great experiences, to simplify and innovate, and drive Telstra's profitability across a global operating footprint.
The role with us
As a Senior Software Engineer, you thrive on understanding and translating customer needs into new products and capability. You apply deep technical expertise and experience in software application layer solutions, to develop and deliver scalable design blueprints across the end-to-end software development life cycle. Your continuous learning and improvement mindset, collaboration and influencing skills are critical to success in this role.
What you'll work on
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on development project which will be based on API transitions, API Management ,API Monetization engine (based on Java, Springboot & AWS) and high traffic transactions.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you apply deep experience and technical know-how in the Software Engineering domain with-
• 7-10 years of experience
• Design, build and maintain multiple complex software application technologies and their interaction with Telstra processes and systems
• Develop innovative software that maintains data/network security management, and leverage set processes to reduce the time between commission and production
• Authentically engage with and influence a multi-stakeholder landscape to translate customer needs into leading-edge software application products, services or systems that meet Telstra's time, cost and quality standards
• Collaborate with team members and key stakeholders, seeking support, direction and buy-in to gather deep insights about the challenges and opportunities of our software application technologies and platforms
• Significantly contribute to continuous improvement initiatives of our systems and processes, to help define 'best practice' corporate testing standards and drive improved outcomes (e.g. productivity, customer experience and/or profitability)
• Lead initiatives or components of initiatives in line with the strategic direction of your team/mission, that have a significant degree of impact to the function or cross-functionally
• Take ownership of your own actions and decisions to drive positive outcomes within your team/mission, and provide guidance to more junior engineers in order to support their development and contribution to team/mission outcomes
Why join us?
The work is complex and challenging, but will put you at the forefront of technological change as it happens and offer you career experiences you won't find anywhere else.
If this opportunity sounds like a perfect fit for you, we'd encourage you to apply!
We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce in all its forms. We encourage applicants from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and applicants who may be living with a disability. We also offer flexibility in all our roles, to ensure everyone can participate.
To learn more about how we support our people, including accessibility adjustments we can provide you through the recruitment process, visit tel.st/thrive.