Technology & DevelopmentJob Description:
We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering for the Candy Crush Saga team.
Your role within the Kingdom
As a Director of Engineering within Candy Crush Saga, you will lead the Engineering organization within the Content product area.
Together with the Area Leadership team and your tech leads, you will translate business objectives into a strategy for the engineering team that enables the product team to achieve its vision, and conversely bring an engineering perspective into the product strategy. You will evolve the engineering organization to efficiently enable the tech and product strategy and to retain and attract top engineering talent. You will drive and execute talent initiatives and process improvements contributing to the overall engineering organization in Candy Crush and King.
This role reports to the Content Area Lead in Candy Crush. You will:
Skills to create thrills
- As a member of the Content Area Leadership team, represent the Engineering perspective and ensure alignment with Area goals
- Shape the Engineering set- up for your Area together with the Area Lead and Tech Leadership Team
- Help translate business needs into the Tech strategy for the Content Area in collaboration with Tech leads
- Recruit, retain, coach, and develop engineers and managers to achieve excellence
- Improve people and tech processes and ways of working, including cross- functional collaboration
- Actively participate in the Engineering Management Team across Candy Crush to ensure continuous improvement of the Engineering Organization in Candy
- Contribute to building a thriving Engineering community
- Work together with the Area Leadership team, Engineering Management Teams and other leaders in Candy Crush to make King a great, diverse and inclusive workplace
- Tenured leader and people manager, with experience leading other leaders
- Previous hands- on experience from engineering, e.g. as a software engineer
- Experience from creating and executing on a Tech strategy
- Great communication, coaching, and feedback skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King's games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It's what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we're not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com