We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planetWho we are
Frontiers is the 3rd most-cited and 6th largest research publisher and we publish groundbreaking discoveries by the world's top experts.
Scientists empower society and our mission is to accelerate scientific discovery by making science open. We place the researcher at the center of everything we do and enable the research community to develop the solutions we need to live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
Join the publishing revolution.
We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer Full Stack
to work on our core and business products to help shape the future of science and academic pulishing. The ideal candidate will have strong experience testing front-end web applications as well as APIs.
You will join one of our squads to lead the QA activities of the products this team works on, and work closely with the product owner, development team, and rest of QAs, making sure that quality is baked in from the start.
By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will join a thriving company where your contribtion will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.Responsibilities:
- Define the testing scope, plan, and execute the test cases for each release.
- Estimate, prioritize, and coordinate the testing activities for your team.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to define and make sure the acceptance criteria of our user stories are complete.
- Conduct functional post-release checks.
- Collaborate with automation testers in the creation and maintenance of our test automation
- Monitor all stages of the SDLC to identify and resolve system issues, and report potential
- risks, in order to meet quality standards.
- Driving the quality mindset of the Development Team together with other QAs.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer in the Agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education
- and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Expert in web-based application testing.
- Experience with API testing (Postman).
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience developing automated tests (Selenium WebDriver, Postman, C#).
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem
- impacts and understand business requirements.
- Methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about quality which is key to the growth and success of a product.
- Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with external teams.
- Experience with SQL databases and MongoDB.
- Experience with performance testing (JMeter).
- Experience with Xray Test Management for JIRA.
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
This includes:100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to nature of role requiring presence onsite, in the office).Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.Wellbeing
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.Volunteering opportunities
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.