We are looking for a QA Tester to help us make our sandbox adventure game, where players design and build their own creations through a mix of crafting, combat, and discovery.
Payload Studios are makers of the award-winning TerraTech and we're working on a very ambitious unannounced new title for Steam & current-gen consoles!
This is a hybrid role, with 2 days per week spent working at our office in Farringdon, central London, and the option to work up to 3 days from home.
What you'll be doing:
You'll be working as part of our busy and dynamic QA team. The main responsibility of the team is to test TerraTech to ensure a high quality experience for our players.
This process includes:
- Testing features, systems and test cases
- Identifying and reproducing issues from testing
- Accurately and concisely reporting issues
- Verifying fixed issues to determine their status
- Communicating and liaising with other teams (such as Code and Production) to ensure any issues are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible
- At least 1-year previous experience working as a QA tester
- Experience testing in a dev environment, on PC, PS4 and Xbox
- Experience testing online PC games
- Excellent communication skills, including a high standard of written and verbal English
- Superb attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage a busy workload
- Comfortable collaborating and working as part of a team, but also confident working independently and taking on responsibility as required
Payload Studios is an independent games studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of our Tentacle Zone community and games hub.
We offer a growing package of benefits and perks for our Payloaders.
- Holiday - a generous 35+ days off, comprising 25 days of leave, 8 UK bank holidays, a studio-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year, plus 2 Wellbeing days.
- Hybrid working - Payloaders have the option of working some of their week remotely/from home.
- Health and Wellbeing - we offer our team access to an Eyecare Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support), regular mental health-themed chats/roundtables, 2 x well-being days, and trained Mental Health First Aiders. We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme which allows Payloaders to save money when purchasing a new bike.
- Generous Family policy - includes 8 weeks of fully paid paternity leave and 24 weeks of fully paid maternity leave.
- Tentacle Zone - as a Payloader you'll have access to our Tentacle Zone community which includes exclusive knowledge-sharing talks and events.
- Socials and clubs - to celebrate together and get to know each other we host regular socials and staff clubs for all Payloaders.
- Studio location - we're based in the vibrant Farringdon, central London. There is a host of excellent local food markets and eateries within a short walk from the office.
Inclusion and Diversity at Payload Studios
We're committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all Payloaders. Our ventures to promote diversity and inclusion in the games industry include our Tentacle Zone Incubator.
Payload Studios is an equal opportunity employer and we value and embrace diversity within our teams.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments for the application process.