Business Analyst Records Partner
As a Barclays Business Analyst Records Partner, you will be mitigating information risk throughout the entire records management lifecycle, by defining and assessing controls to ensure that Barclays meets its legal and regulatory records retention obligations. Your responsibilities include operational tasks, functions, and remediation of BAU supporting data retention governance, and working closely with the Records Management teams in the US, UK, EMEA, India, Singapore and with colleagues from across the Business, Legal and Technology teams.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What you'll be doing?
• Representing the Chief Data Office as an expert in group mandated Records Management Policy and Standards, ensuring input to designated councils, forums and working groups
• Acting as a subject matter expert for records management compliance, supporting CIB internal and external Legal and Regulatory Records Management requirements
• Contributing to the development and implementation of the Records Management Policy and Standards across CIB, support the business in achieving and maintaining compliance
• Facilitating Supplier Management processes, ensuring Records Management requirements are fully reflected in new product and systems development
• Being accountable for risk reporting and assurance of Records management metrics, ensuring appropriate incident reporting
• Leading, coordinating, and assisting disposal holds, as well as dealing with the retrieval of records between the Business, Legal and Technology for Regulatory exams
• Liaising between records owners and system owners to understand and interpret their relevant records, the storage location and how the Group retention schedule functions
What we're looking for:
• Experience in Financial services with product knowledge of the corporate or markets business Equities, Credit, Securitised Products & Fixed Income, Rates & FX, Prime
• Project Management experience with solid business, commercial and analytical acumen
• Excellent communication and social skills to host and/or lead presentations and discussions at Director/MD level
• Self-starter, who takes ownership of tasks with ability to work under pressure managing priorities
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of applicable market regulations (e.g., FINRA, EMIR, Dodd Frank)
• Familiarity with Controls Assurance and Testing Standard
• Broad knowledge of data & record regulations (e.g., Basel, BCBS 239)
• Experience in a Risk, Control or Governance environment leading Policy & Standard implementation
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It's the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.