Business Analyst - Insurance - Life & Pensions Insurance Domain
Wipro is an exciting organization to work for. In our first year entering, we ranked as a "Top Employer" as part of the Top Employer Institute annual listings, and we were assessed on several key HR practices including People Strategy, Work Environment, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Wellbeing and Diversity and Inclusion.
Banking and Financial Services is an area of strategic importance to Wipro, and we are poised to grow significantly in Europe enabling our customers with digital transformation, cloud adoption and other critical digital initiatives. As a trusted partner, we enable our customers adopt digital ways of working through IT and process transformations, increase agility and optimise cost through cloud adoption, automation and AI and drive effective data solutions.
We work closely with our strategic partner ecosystem to add value to our customers though innovation and maximising value of existing or planned investments and assets. We do this through our unique blend of outside -in transformation and inside out transformation underpinned by portfolio of digital services and domain capabilities.Purpose of the Role:
We are Insurance and Life Insurance subject matter expert and advice provision and understand the insurance business from an end-to-end perspective - relevant lines of business, insurance products, processes, data used, systems, applications, and infrastructure - all of the relevant technology landscape - including any third-party suppliers and providers that the business is dependent on provision of analytical and problem solving; think 'out of the box' for improvements.
We are looking for a strong business analyst with experience and understanding of Life & Pensions, who will join our insurance practice.Business Analyst Responsibilities:
Ways of Working:
- Requirements and scope capture
- Understanding and mapping of insurance processes, ways of working, value chain
- Crafting of business requirements documents
- Collection of data about an organisation's operations to improve its systems and processes
- Process mapping the level required and agreed with the client - but so much so that these can be developed within the scope, time and budget agreed
- Identifying problems and opportunities for change with the current business model, enabling processes, data and technology
- Options development and recommendations to company management
- Analysing the potential impact on the business of recommendations and creating business cases
- Planning, developing and provision of impact analysis to technology- systems, infrastructure, applications, accelerators in line with customer needs, and solution imperatives
- Provide support and enablement services to the business to help them develop business requirements and design (including mock-ups, wireframes, use cases, demos, mock data etc),
- Act as a customer proxy for the development team during the development cycle of specific products
- Analyse new change needs, change requests, new requirements from third parties and customers/ clients
- Translate requirements into functional and non-functional (performance) specifications
- Develop BRDs - and other business requirements documentation as necessary with process, data, and system mapping at required levels and layers
- Design and detail of user stories to a point where developers and technical teams can understand them, can develop them into their technical requirements through conversations with the business, stakeholders, and developers
- Use development specifications to establish traceability from requirements to test cases.
- Designing potential solutions to problems and opportunities
- Carrying out research and informing the design of the solution
- Preparing and delivering report of findings to senior stakeholders and leadership
- Managing risks, issues, with end-to-end impact assessment - mitigation
- Support in the design of API catalogues & concepts,
- Support with Web API integrations
- Manage the project and wider organisation - be autonomous, self-motivated, curious and open-minded
- Attend Agile iteration sprints in general, and especially planning, demos, and retrospectives to provide input, feedback and improve the design and development process
- Collaborate with outsource, client and home team members to develop the needs, sign-off the needs, develop the design, and then the final development and roll-out
- Establish effective working relationships within the project team and with the wider teams upon which they are dependent
- Work collaboratively and independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provision of written and oral communication to stakeholders/facilitation of / planning and conducting of workshops
- Stakeholder Management
- Planning, conducting, and driving Agile. Scrum and Kanban, Jira, and confluence elements of projects
- Planning, developing and provision off relevant presentations to clients and stakeholders
- Working with business and technology functions
- Ensure all stakeholders and customers are never surprised at each stage of the project, that they are satisfied through promptness in responding to calls, emails for assistance, queries
- Timely and effective communication within project to manage risk and escalations
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, other duties will be included and will be determined dependent on the project type, landscape, context and project lifecycle, and specifically on customer and project needs
Wipro is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and makes all employment and employment-related decisions without regard to a person's race, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.