We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Java Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm's business objectives. Job responsibilities
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Design technology solutions on different scales
- Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes (Agile)
- Be involved in requirements gathering and business analysis tasks
- Co-ordinate systems integration test with other teams
- Mentor/coach junior engineers
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts
- Experienced application development experience using Java, GraphQL, Oracle
- Strong experience building cloud native or cloud ready applications using cloud solutions such as AWS
- Knowledge of software architecture, design, TDD/DDD, cloud computing and data structures
- Understanding of source control and experience working with tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub, Git
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Experience working with product organization
- Experience using CI/CD tools
- Experience using Microservice architecture
- Experience using Docker/Kubernetes
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.