We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Python/Java Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the corporate sector wholesale credit risk team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Works closely with stakeholders to produce software solutions, and execute to plan
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Continuously improves on system stability and efficiency
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Solid development experience in Python, Java, or similar languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Solid experience with relational databases such as Oracle or similar
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with data processing and the associated modules numpy, and pandas.
- Experience with web servers such as tornado, or Tomcat
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we're setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.