UX Researcher - Mid WeightWho are TalkTalk?
TalkTalk are the UK's leading value for money connectivity provider. We believe that simple, affordable, reliable and fair fibre should be available to everyone.The Role
We're looking for a bright, talented Mid-weight UX Researcher who is passionate about market insights, customer experience and doing world-class research for one of the UK's biggest brands.
You'll run end-to-end UX research projects at TalkTalk within a diverse and dynamic design team. You will deliver high-quality studies that help grow the business by assuring the quality of our user experience. It's a role that will have demonstrable impact on improving peoples' expanding digital needs and will be critical in enabling customer-driven innovation in service and product design.
It's an exciting and varied role. This means at any one time you might be running fieldwork, planning future studies and helping business partners identify which kind of research is best suited to their needs. You'll be pivotal in driving the quality of UX research at TalkTalk too, by example.
You'll be integral to developing the research team too. Reporting to the Senior UX Researcher, you'll be a hands-on practitioner, who delivers insightful outcomes at pace with a principled human-centred design approach. You will also help directly in growing the practice by showcasing skills and research capability, helping drive operational excellence and actively building business awareness and adoption of UX research. The role will be well supported through our career development framework and training activities.Some of the things you'll be doing:
We are looking for someone with:
- Working closely with Designers, Product Owners and Analysts to plan for high-impact research to help us understand our customers and their needs
- Leading and supporting on research studies including interviews, concept testing, usability testing, and information architecture.
- Mentoring and educating a diversity of stakeholders on research
- Helping increase research adoption, quality and democratisation
- Keeping abreast of research trends and developments
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions in a way that lands.
It's great, but not a deal breaker, if you also have:
- Solid knowledge of UX research
- Practical experience of a range of research methods such as usability testing, diary studies, card sorting, tree testing, guerrilla testing, and field interviews
- Highly collaborative approach to working with external teams
- Proficiency in writing timely, high-quality reports
- Consulting skills in recommending relevant research methods to answer business questions
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, agile development environment
- Talent for identifying research opportunities
What can we offer you ?
- Experience in telecoms or other retail services
- Experience working on a consumer-facing digital products and services
What to do next?
- Free TalkTalk broadband for all employees!
- Electric car charging points available at our HQ.
- Heavily subsidised meals in the TalkTalk HQ Soapworks office in Salford.
- Access to the Perks at Work platform which gives you hundreds of discounts on high street brands.
- Flexible dynamic working is part of who we are at TalkTalk so please talk to us about how you like to work.
If this UX Researcher role sounds like it could be for you, please apply and we will be in touch soon!
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We're also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.