White Collar Factory (95009), United Kingdom, London, London
Software Developer in Test - WebWhat you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Work as part of a self-organised Web engineering team to deliver creative automated Testing solutions that are delightful and vital to the lives of credit card consumers across all walks of life
- Work to achieve the goals and vision articulated by Product Management and your management chain
- Define and own the test approach for components in your team, to meet the objectives of Product Management, Risk Mitigation, Quality and Efficiency
- Innovate within your team, initiative area and contribute within your technical domain.
What you'll get to learn (any previous experience would be advantageous):
- Working collaboratively, able to communicate effectively and commitment to be part of a successful team
- Knowledge of Agile practices
- A desire to learn new techniques and processes
Where and how you'll work:
- Working within a CICD Test automation environment
- Understanding and gain experience working with the cloud/AWS and the opportunities that it brings
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern user interface stack with HTML, CSS, JS and React
- Comfortable working with server-side web development stack (e.g. Nodejs and JSF) that interface with back-end systems
This is a permanent position and is based in our London office.
Our hybrid working model offers you the flexibility to work from our offices and from home, when you need to.
We're big on collaboration and connection, and so generally encourage our associates to use our offices on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The number of days you spend in the office will usually be led by the type of work you're doing, and the hybrid working patterns of the people you partner most closely with.
Many of our associates have flexible working arrangements, and we're open to talking about an arrangement that works for you.What's in it for you:
What you should know about how we recruit:
- Bring us all this - and you'll be rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation
- We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve
- We love continuous learning and that's why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance - with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it's about what you do, not just what you say. That's why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
- REACH - Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement for associates from minority ethnic groups and allies
- OutFront - to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind - signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech - promoting an inclusive environment in tech
- EmpowHER - network of female associates and allies focusing on developing future leaders, particularly for female talent in our industry
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment, please contact email@example.com All information will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose of applying a reasonable adjustment.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).