Institutional Credit Management's ("ICM") objective is to provide an integrated "end-to-end" credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise. Institutional Client Group (ICG) In-Business Quality Assurance is an integral part of the ICM organization.
The ICG In-Business Quality Assurance function (IBQA) verifies that established standards and processes are followed and consistently applied. ICG Management uses the results of the quality assurance reviews to assess the quality of the group's policies, procedures, programs, and practices as relates to the management of wholesale credit risk. The results help management identify operational weaknesses, risks associated with the function, training needs, and process deficiencies.
The ICM Head of IBQA reports results of Quality Assurance Reviews (QARs) providing feedback, insight, and observations on any deficiency and areas of improvement, engaging with the management of the respective ICG business area, Independent Risk, and critical partner stakeholders and regulators.
This role reports to the ICM IBQA Head - Problem Credit Management (PCM)
Key responsibilities include:
- Support Function Head of PCM IBQA to set the global strategy for and lead the implementation and ongoing delivery of a robust Quality Assurance function in accordance with the coverage universe
- As a Quality Assurance reviewer for PCM, you will review primarily classified accounts across large corporate and commercial clients, including Early Warning Indicator (EWI) and monitoring of these accounts/portfolios
- Provide effective credible challenge during QARs to Business Region Heads and Portfolio Managers, as regards to classified reviews, triggers and process quality to ensure that weaknesses in such processes are identified and escalated as appropriate
- Support with the aim to ensure wholesale credit risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework
- Under the supervision of the Head of PCM IBQA, support execution of the following:
- Consistent and objective assessments during QARs
- Subsequent follow-up on corrective actions that were raised during QARs
- Prepare Quality Assurance Reports to WCR business management that communicate and measure results and identify negative trends and potential solutions
- Constant interaction with the respective Analysts and Team Leads, to ensure that quality assurance protocols are adequate for all portfolios
- Support WLCR IBQA function in the establishment of WCR IBQA policies, procedures, risk assessment and controls to drive effective QA coverage and standards
- Support ICM Head of PCM IBQA Head to stay abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Support the Global Head of WCR IBQA on internal projects and initiatives
- Support ICM Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
- Travel (less than 10%)
- Demonstrable quality assurance experience, including relevant years in wholesale banking, credit risk management, remedial management, loan review function at an investment or large commercial bank
- Knowledge of Wholesale Credit Processes and organizational awareness, portfolios, and processes
- Understanding of policies and procedures with the ability to execute change seamlessly
- Reasonable grasp of the markets and lending wholesale credit risk covered process, to evaluate findings within the Quality Assurance process, determine materiality, and partnering with in-line makers and checkers for ongoing improvement, problem detection and sustainable remediation
- Strong background on core credit analysis for large corporate and finance industries to properly evaluate process and quality breaks within the quality assurance function
- Ideally, credit officer or analyst or operational credit risk background, with experience on day-to-day credit functions associated with analysts and risk approval.
- High awareness and adherence to the control environment including Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Strategic orientation to ensure the ICM organization continues to be positioned as a thoughtful and proactive partner on driving best practices to support safety and soundness within ICM and Citi
- Assists colleagues in identifying stretch opportunities to elevate individual and team performance and recognizes individuals based on performance
- Coach, mentor and lead direct reports to develop team strengths and improve weaknesses
- Proven culture carrier
- Highly Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority with Senior Levels of Management
- Solid organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
Job Family Group:
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
Risk ManagementJob Family:
Business Risk & ControlsTime Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting