T & C Role:
Head of IT
If Temp Hire, Contract Duration:
The Data Engineer will be expected to be involved in the design, delivery and support of all aspects of the Data & Analytics platform including data model design, ETL development, integration and governance.
- Design, develop, document and implement end-to-end data pipelines and integration processes.
- Maintain and enhance the data schema to support reporting and dashboard delivery.
- Deliver best practice in data management whilst adhering to all data-related standards and procedures.
- Involved in knowledge transfer and the creation and maintenance of documentation.
- Work with respective data governance designees to ensure a consistent approach to data management and governance including lineage, glossary and data quality.
- Potentially manage own team of staff in the future reporting directly as appropriate.
- Liaise with business teams on prioritisation of work.
- Liaise with internal BNYM teams and external companies.
- Liaise with and assist external auditors as and when required.
- Adherence to company procedures and standards.
- Results: Action; Accountability; Execution
• People: Collaboration; Feedback; Communication
• Thought: Business Insight; Client Focus; Innovates
• Self: Courage; Self-awareness; Adapts to Change
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Required: Microsoft & Oracle SQL and stored procedures; working knowledge of modern cloud-based data platform technologies.
- Desirable: Snowflake; Azure Data Factory; Azure Cloud; Microsoft Power BI; Python.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent)
Information Classification: Internal