Competitive including share options
London with hybrid working with travel to Colindale, North LondonHello, we're UW
We're a bunch of great people working together, solving problems and having fun. Together, we strive to find solutions to help the great people around us get on with the things that really matter in life.
How? It's simple, we take the headache out of essential home services by providing them all in one place - energy, broadband, mobile, and even insurance. That's one provider, one account, one bill, and lots of savings.
We're a truly unique FTSE 250 company with a business model that has real social impact at the heart of it. Being a part of the UW community you'll join a working environment like no other - one where everyone matters - be it our customers, our partners or you, our people.About the role
Working within the Telecoms team, the Business Analyst provides product knowledge and expertise to the business through their ongoing research and development of the external market and broader Telecoms industry.
In this capacity, you will be a key stakeholder and relationship manager to our third party providers including early engagement and due diligence of new suppliers where appropriate. The role also provides critical communication and coordination between the Product and Telecoms teams with support functions including Operations, Marketing and Learning & Development, ensuring that new Broadband products and services are implemented in line with product roadmaps and/or project plans.What you'll do
- Broadband SME for UW; providing external/market insight to the Product & Telco teams, keeping abreast of latest trends, developments and regulatory changes
- Facilitating/coordinating projects with a range of stakeholders including Product, Marketing, Operations and Learning & Development
- Leading on small scale trials with our broadband suppliers to determine viability of new products and services
- Identifying and managing continuous improvement activities in relation to our processes and systems through our Operations and Telecoms teams
- Attending industry calls to maintain regulatory and industry knowledge and insights, cascading this to Product, Telecoms and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Ongoing relationship and account management for existing third parties and early engagement and due diligence where necessary with potential/new third party suppliers
- Translating industry technical design documents into business requirements
- Supporting end to end delivery of industry change projects
- A UW 'SME' for broadband; specialist knowledge of the market and broader telecoms industry including regulatory frameworks, future developments and themes and trends
- Excellent stakeholder management and ability to operate between and within different departments
- Strong commercial acumen; understanding the utilities market and more detailed understanding of the telecoms function and P&L
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skill set and data analysis skills, with the ability to translate data into insights
- Strong communication and presentation skills used to simplify complex problems, write requirement documents and user stories
What's it in for you
- An agile mindset and an adaptable approach to delivery and problem-solving
- Keen investigative eye and naturally inquisitive
- A conscientious and committed team player
- Creative and outcome-focused approach
- Previous experience within the Product function as a Business or Product Analyst
Join a high growth FTSE 250 business and help us achieve our ambitions whilst learning and having fun. Become part of a fantastic business culture where people really are at the heart of everything we do.
Job DescriptionQualificationsAdditional Information
- Huge opportunities for exposure & development as we scale up
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance up to 4 x your salary
- Discounted healthcare and medical cash plans including a free Virtual GP service
- Private pension scheme
- Share options and Save As You Earn Scheme
- A range of Health & Wellbeing benefits including a confidential Employee Assistance Programme, Virtual fitness classes and wellness tools
- Discounts on UW products & services
We provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Please note, if you are applying for a role which involves having access to personal data, you will be subject to a background check. Where checks are unsatisfactory or incomplete and/or a failure to reveal information relating to convictions that you are required to identify as part of the background checks, could lead to withdrawal of an offer of employment.