Hi, if you've not met DELLI before, we're a community of fun-loving, real, curious, and cultured individuals that live for the discovery of new food and flavours and people.
DELLI is the place to discover the best independent food scene that favours community spirit, entrepreneurship, and ethical eating. We get the most excited when we find brave individuals pushing the boundaries of what they can produce from their home kitchens, juggling managing orders whilst also still working the 9-5. These are the people who inspire and drive us to create a platform that serves, supports, and heroes their creativity. By championing these small, rebellious outfits, we aim to bring good food and people together.
We have Simon Beckerman (CEO/Co-founder) to thank for bringing DELLI to the scene. He successfully founded Depop - a fashion marketplace that sold to Etsy for $1.6B with 20M users in 147 countries, and a team of 300!
And we also have Marie Petrovicka (COO/CO-Founder), who also comes from Depop and has worked with Simon for many years, and who was responsible for taking Depop international, including US and Australia.
We have recently raised our Seed round from Balderton and HV and are looking to speed up our growth. For that, we are looking for someone who can be part of our engineering team at such an early stage, through the next phase which is finding our product-market fit.DELLI wants to operate on three pillars:
- Community: We want to create a vibrant community that learns from and inspires each other. A community that harnesses the power of food to help create a better, happier life for one another. To embrace all that's new and interesting in the world of food and it's varied culture.
- Entrepreneurship: The best businesses are simple. We want to encourage entrepreneurship by creating a platform that makes it easy for new food ventures to flourish. Be it starting a new cloud based restaurant or diversifying into cookware.
- Ethical Eating: We are what we eat. And what we eat affects society and the planet. DELLI wants to encourage a more ethical eating, whether it's being more careful about the environment, or labor practices, treatment of food animals, or even the unintended effects of food policy. By empowering the right small businesses and inspiring consumers, we want to make eating better, easier and more fun.
DELLI is seeking a self-driven and ambitious Backend Engineer to join our team. You'll report directly to the Head of Engineering to build and expand the technology platform supporting the business, and provide efficient and automated systems for both internal and external customers. You'll be expanding our existing platform using .NET 7 and C# 11, Azure Kubernetes Services, Dapr, Bicep, and GraphQL using HotChocolate. You will also work closely with our product team, designers and front-end developers to deliver high-quality, scalable and efficient features that help our small independent food producers connect with mindful consumers.Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and developers to build and deliver a great user experience.
- Design and build the backend solutions required to deliver our value proposition on iOS, Android, and Web.
- Design and build high-performing and highly scalable architectures grounded in Domain Driven Design and Microservices, with high availability and observability as core principles.
- Ensure the production of high-quality code in line with the principles of modularity and testability.
- Ensure the creation of the documentation required for knowledge sharing and optimal onboarding of new team members.
- Embrace and ensure the application of the values of Collaboration, Feedback, Continuous Learning, and Improvement, at the heart of the DevOps culture.
- Drive the definition of our overall technology strategy through collaboration, research, and development.
- Estimate features and roadmap.
- Help build DELLI's tech team, also in line with the company culture.
It would be amazing if you had:
- A strong experience on Cloud Computing platforms such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- You are a polyglot programmer, and have significant experience with C# and with other languages such as TypeScript, Go, or Python.
- You have experience with Kubernetes and the Microservices Architecture Pattern.
- You have experience using Relational or NoSQL databases at a considerable scale.
- Passion for working in a dynamic startup environment and contributing to the success of the company.
- Excellent written, oral and client-facing communication skills.
- You are self-organized, analytical, and pay great attention to detail.
- You have a proven record of shipping features on time and the expect highest quality standards.
- Full-stack experience within web based solutions.
- Have exposure to distributed runtimes like Dapr or service meshes like Istio.
- On-the field experience in back-office / operations areas, such as logistics, operations, customer support or other mission-critical areas.
- A passion for good food and quality products in general :-)
DELLI culture fit
- Be part of the launch of something truly exceptional
- Opportunity to build a platform impacting millions of lives, and making the world a better place
- Build a world-class technology stack from the ground up. Expect a mix of GraphQL and Web-socket in your daily app-to-server commute.
- You will get a competitive salary in line with your skills, experience, and potential
- Equity, everyone owns a piece of the company.
- Delli embraces an environment with flexible hours and a complete focus on value creation rather than time tracking
DELLI is about being curious, thinking out of the box, optimist, kind and humble, polite and optimist and it's about enjoying listening to what other people think. DELLI culture fit also means bias to action, having an open mind and being comfortable with being wrong and failure.
At DELLI we have more questions than answers and always challenge ourselves as well as others. We like to experiment and try new ways to do something but we also like to take what others have done and see if we can contribute by making it better.
We know that you may be put off applying for our job if you think you can't tick every box, apply anyway. We're welcoming of all backgrounds and pride ourselves on having a diverse community and workforce that adds to our richness. However, you'll catch our eye if you can demonstrate a hint of the DELLI appeal within your CV to wow and excite us.
If you're passionate about building innovative solutions that can make a positive impact on society and want to join a team of like-minded individuals, we would love to hear from you!