£40,000-£45,000 + benefitsLocation:
Remote (UK, EU or Canada based. The role-holder needs to be based, and have the right to work, in the UK, EU or Canada. UK based candidates must be able to spend at least one day per quarter in our Birmingham office)Working hours:
Monday to Friday, (we're happy to discuss flexible working hours, the majority of our clients have office hours of 10-6 so there will need to be some overlap with this)To apply:
Please apply with details of your experience and why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
We have written this guide about what to expect if you're thinking about applying for a job at Substrakt.Overview:
We are looking for a friendly, curious, and analytical person to join the team as a Technical Web Analyst. This role acts as a vital link between the organisations we work with, their users, and our delivery team.
You'll support a variety of projects work across the whole agency, from large website builds through to consulting, training and product-focused initiatives.
As part of our insights team, you will report into our Head of Strategy & Consulting and will be responsible for supporting our clients to have a deep, practical understanding of their online audiences.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that we are measuring and analysing the effectiveness of the work we deliver for our clients and optimising the technical performance of our digital products and services.
This role would suit someone with experience in Digital Marketing or in a similar role, ideally with experience working in an agency environment, or across multiple, simultaneous projects.Key responsibilities:
- Supporting our clients to measure and improve user engagement on their websites through the use of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Ensuring that we are measuring, analysing and reporting on the effectiveness of our work through the use of packages such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, Microsoft Clarity, and Heap.
- Working closely with the Head of Strategy & Consulting to build a deep, insightful, and actionable understanding of the organisations we work with and their users. This would include activities such as data and situational analysis, desk research, interviews, and workshops.
Knowledge, experience and skills that make you great for this role are:
- Experience with analytics tools including Google Analytics (Universal and GA4), Hotjar, Microsoft Clarity and Heap.
- Experience visualising and presenting data using tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio and/or Tableau .
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data to generate and communicate insights, and recommending actions.
- Some experience working in an agency environment, or similar environment where context-switching is a regular occurrence.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience delivering training sessions and workshops for participants with a broad mix of digital and technical understanding.
- Comfortable working with clients to understand their objectives and align these to actionable insights.
- Have an analytical mind who enjoys enabling others to make data driven decisions
- Are a great communicator with the ability to distil complex ideas in clear, understandable terms.
- Are confident working independently and able to manage your time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Have an interest in the business of arts and culture.
- Are curious and interested in new ideas and approaches.
- Are pragmatic and outcome oriented.
Why Join Substrakt?
At Substrakt we believe that arts and culture enriches lives and brings society together. We want to ensure that amazing cultural experiences can be enjoyed as widely as possible by harnessing the power of digital technology.
Substrakt creates digital solutions for cultural organisations. The types of organisations we work with include theatres, performing arts centres, music venues, museums, galleries, and performance groups in Europe and North America.
We work with some of the most exciting and interesting cultural organisations in the world including the National Theatre, Shakespeare's Globe, Santa Fe Opera, Royal Court Theatre, American Repertory Theater, Bridge Theatre, Malmö Live and Malmö Opera amongst many others. Read more about the work we do, and the people we work with.
We also provide consultancy services and training on analytics, digital strategy, ticketing, project management and digital community events.
By supporting organisations with their digital needs, we enable them to reach new and wider audiences so that arts and culture can be accessed and enjoyed by everyone.
Life at Substrakt
At Substrakt we believe that work should be an enjoyable part of life and we put effort and resources into making this a reality for our team.
We have a friendly and supportive culture that enables our team to do their best work and develop their skills. We value curiosity, compassion and respect. We are selective about the clients we work with, so that we build rewarding relationships and work on exciting projects. When we say that we work with people we like, on projects we love we really mean it.
We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to grow. This includes formal training, going to industry conferences, and regular informal knowledge-sharing sessions such as our weekly demo and drink, and monthly Substrakt Sessions.
We have a great set of benefits as standard:
- Fully flexible working patterns, agreed in advance and available from day 1, including part-time hours, condensed hours, flexible start and end times and 100% remote working. We'll discuss this with you upfront, so you can feel comfortable knowing a role at Substrakt will give you the work life balance you want.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and no fixed holiday dates, so you can use your leave when it suits you. Plus, your holiday will increase by a day for every two years you are part of the team.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies.
- Free NHS cashback health plan - enabling employees to claim cashback on health costs such as dental treatment, scans, prescriptions and much more. Access to an employee assistance helpline, counselling, and accident cover is also included. The plan is also available for our employee's partners and children.
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Annual allowance of £500 to spend on books, courses, conferences and training - anything that helps you build skills to thrive in your role - and 6 days off per year for you to focus exclusively on your professional development.
- Monthly health and wellbeing allowance of £50 to spend on anything that helps you feel your healthiest and best self. This includes anything from hobbies, to the gym, to childcare, talking therapy, a donation to a cause you care about, entertainment, or a nice meal out!
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Regularly bringing the team together for outings to theatres, galleries, historic sites and cultural events through our network of client partners.
- Quarterly team lunches and a varied selection of optional, relaxed social events.