Software Engineer - Oracle Database Administrator
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation - everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means - trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange - discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!This is your role. What part will you play?
We don't need superheroes, just super mindsOracle DBA Tools:
- Installing and maintaining the Oracle database software. Experience using Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c/19c.
- Creating and maintaining database storage structures (Tablespaces, Segments, Blocks, Partitions) with high-level security features.
- Altering storage structures to meet the evolving needs of the company.
- Setting up database user accounts, permissions etc.
- Finding and debugging malfunctioning programs affecting the database integrity
- Creating and Optimizing database autonomous backup procedures, recovery systems.
- Regularly updating the database security protocols.
- Familiarity with Oracle database design, coding, and documentation.
- Maintains databases and supports initialization of new database systems for which new applications are being planned and incorporated
- Training users on how to access the information in the database.
Experience in SQL, Shell Scripts:Nice to Have:
- Oracle Universal Installer.
- Oracle Database Configuration Assistant.
- Database Upgrade Assistant.
- Net Configuration Assistant.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Database Express.
- SQL Developer.
Jenkins, CI/CD PipelineCertification
: Oracle version 12C/19C - DBA (OCA/OCP)We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you'll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the craft of things to come.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow 's reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds Organization:
Siemens Technology and Services Private LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalFull / Part time: