Morgan Stanley Manager/Senior Manager_ JAVA FullStack Developer(with Angular 2+)_Technology_Bengaluru Company Profile Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com. Investment Mangement IT (IMIT) IMIT provides industry-leading strategies and solutions to enable business growth and deliver "best in class" functions to Morgan Stanley's Investment Management business. Job Profile MSIM-IT is looking for a back-office developer to join our performance IT team in Bengaluru, India. This is a great opportunity for an experienced developer to join a highly professional client facing development team, working on the Strategic MSIM Performance platform by designing & implementing micro services and user interfaces for data access and integration with vendor systems. You will be working on the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment, by partnering with global IT and business stakeholders of the current and future platform to analyze requirements, conduct business analysis, coming up with proposed designs for review by the wider team, implement and test the solution and finally provide training and support as part of the roll-out.
The right candidate
- Has in-depth understanding of the full software development life cycle. Deep familiarity with data & business analysis, along with modern software design & development concepts encompassing a range of languages & platforms.
- Can work on a collaborative cross-technology team where Java, APIs (services), Angular, Tableau reports, C# & PL/SQL interact with a range of business logic interfaces & systems.
- Can own small to medium scale strategic initiatives/projects, enhances process standards and best practices, and supports issues during UAT/system rollout phases.
- Is team oriented, highly collaborative, works effectively to build strong long-term partnerships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across a variety of business and IT functions.
- Self-sufficient and shows ability to lead, given the opportunity
- Nimble, adaptable, able to express ideas in meetings & design discussions, comfortable with ambiguity; course correct when circumstances change.
Primary Skills - 4 to 8 years of experience
- Hands on experience with on Java 8 with Spring Cloud Microservices ecosystem (multi-threading, data structures, design patterns and OOP practices etc)
- Ability to Query Relational Databases like DB2, Sybase
- Spring, SOAP & REST Web Services with on XML/JSON based data
- Test Driven development (TDD) and experience working in a disciplined development environment
- Business analysis - focused on investment management performance measurement domain. Good To have Skills Exposure to Azure Cloud experience is a plu
Exposure to Cloud data sources like snowflake
Experience with DevOps tools and Git Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.