Search JobsJob DescriptionSummary
We're all empowered here to achieve success on our terms. To explore. To invent. To find better ways of doing things. At VMware, jobs become opportunities and careers. We work together as one VMwarе. Workspace ONE is a digital workspace platform that simply and securely delivers and manages any app on any device by integrating access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management. Our goal is to enable Workspace One platform to scale and manage billions of devices across various operating system platforms and enable seamless experiences through IT orchestration. You will be owning engineering initiatives and champion a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence.The VMware Workspace ONE UEM (Unified Endpoint Management) team is seeking for a passionate engineer. In this role you will:
Success in the role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Work closely with engineers/peers to prioritize, review/create backlog, and drive key improvements as a part of our agile processes
- Work with R&D and Performance engineering teams to address their immediate product challenges, to bring them as product/team roadmap.
- Collaborate across roles and organizational boundaries to deliver valuable outcomes for VMware and its customers.
- Measuring and optimizing UEM services' performance and availability.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- You will become part of an experienced engineering team, which is building a large-scale UEM platform as a service following the Scrum of Scrums methodology.
- You and your team will be responsible for identifying/delivering feature enhancements, optimizing UEM platform/services.
- During your first months on the job, you will be expected to build your knowledge in the domain and the technology your team is already building. To do so you will participate in the team's scope and architectural discussion, work with your peers.
- By the third month we expect you to be in fully understand the deliverables of your team. You would work with your peers to maintain the reliability of the service(s)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
- You will be core member of Workspace ONE UEM R&D and engae in Application Development/ Software Development in Java/C# which requires hands-on experience in building services with frameworks such as Netty, Hazelcast, Spring etc.
- You will work and have access to the following technologies: AWS, vSphere, Google Cloud Platform; network protocols and Linux/Unix system internals and CI/CD tools and technology like Github Actions and Artifactory; infrastructure technologies such as OS (Linux and Windows), Network, Database, Server, Storage.
- You will often engage in optimization of Java based applications, application servers, knowledge of performance patterns and full stack performance profiling and analysis. Knowledge about functional programming in Java8 is a big plus.
- You will be proactively identifying potential issues and actively drive it to closure.
- You will be responsive to customer incidents and escalations and help prioritize engineering work, from whole initiatives to sprint tasks.
- You will be participating in reliability engineering practices and improve predictability of the system/services.
VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Search Jobs