About the role
Working with a small team of Data Scientists and Analysts you\'ll be responsible for creating the future of data within Vodafone Business.
A varied role where you\'ll need to utilise a range of technical skills, customer understanding and commercial curiosity in order to:
- Supporting the use and development of machine learning models to improve existing customer experience, upselling, cross-selling and customer retention
- Supporting the application of advanced analytics products that provide actionable business insight to Vodafone and external partners
- Supporting the use and development of predictive models with large and varied datasets working with a community of colleagues across technology, data and marketing
- Utilise Python, SQL and Git
- Identify potential new data sources and investigating potential user cases
- Work with stakeholders to create hypotheses which you will then test and deliver solutions to real business problems
We want you to support the Data Science and Insight team\'s overall vision of driving data decision making across the Business by articulating and promoting the value of analytical work across the business.
You\'ll support the strategy for the transformation of data in the department, including ML techniques and using your interpersonal skills to get more usage by marketers and analysts.
Alongside machine learning and automation, we\'re changing the department by upgrading our systems and the way we use data within them. This role will support project work for data analysis and ML development on these platforms. The role is broad, requiring a logical and curious mind, and a business focus to find new opportunities. In exchange, there are many development opportunities both within the team and in the wider Vodafone business.Requirements
We\'re looking for someone who has amazing technical skills who can communicate their ideas and concepts to a non-technical audience. You should be a natural problem solver who loves a challenge. You should also have the following skills and experience:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor\'s Degree or higher in quantitative fields including Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Engineering
- Excellent communication skills - able to convey complex concepts to non-analytical audiences in a succinct form
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL & Python). Desirable to have additional skills with unstructured data and cloud platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- Significant experience using Python is essential. Experience in area such as PySpark, TensorFlow and Scala are preferred but not required.
- Experience of implementing data transformations and algorithms in common programming languages
- Understanding and hands-on experience in related
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Experience of machine learning and data science
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Project team experience for small to medium projects
- Computer science
- Data science