We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results. Job Title
Senior Software Engineer in Test
The GISI- team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to drive best practices for functional, exploratory, and automated testing while delivering on our customer commitments. This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality Engineering, functional and regression, end to end test automation and adoption of development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.) amongst various delivery teams within Mastercard.
Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development to work closely with developers and leads to build test scenarios, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality. The candidate is passionate about their career, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and thrives in a fast-paced, team environment. Interacting with technology staff including Developers, DevOps Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of projects and engage in design, development and test engineering activities. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an quality driven mindset.
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology ?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs - functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
• This position will focus on driving quality by developing automated solutions to execute functional, non-functional, integration, and regression, testing for end to end journey testing across applications.
• This position will own quality functional areas and must be able to define test and environment strategies.
• Actively participate in requirements review/story elaborations , test planning, test data creation and execution of User Acceptance testing Plan, and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using Rally or such solution life cycle management tools/ALM.
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
• Ensure adoption of best quality testing practices for cloud native applications with principles of 12 factor applications adhered to.
• Comprehends user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression).
• Understands different SDLC practices (Waterfall/Scrum/Kanban/SAFe) and the delivery situations they are used for; familiar with SDLC stages starting from requirements gathering to production rollout and key decision gates in each stage; has skills to track work using Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) tools (e.g., Jira, Rally).
• Understand functional and non-functional testing types and elaborate and estimate test efforts; understand how to build robust tests to minimize defect leakage by performing regression, performance, deployment verification, and release testing
• Participates in activities that develop others and reinforces good team spirit while working with others
• Understands relationships within own work area and participates in teamwork and collaborative efforts
• Show awareness of own strengths and areas of improvement and seeks out additional feedback and suggestions for improvement
All About You
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Experience in the software engineering / test automation field.
• Excellent technical acumen, strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to critical thinking and solid communication. Intermediate experience in Automated testing/software development.
• Experience in creating and running automation scripts using technologies: Eclipse IDE, Java, Spring Boot, JUnit, Karate Framework, Insomnia, Jenkins, Databases, APIs (REST), Git, Bitbucket, JSON ,Swagger, code review and scanning tools configuration, and branching techniques.
• Experience in creating and analysing functional tests across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), micro services, Event Driven Applications, and Databases etc
• Exposure to application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Experience of Agile methodologies and working within scrum team
• Exposure of test and defect management tools such as RALLY/Agile Central.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
• Experience in System and Integration testing. (Must)
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage. (Must)
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability. (Preferred)
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication skills. (Preferred)
• Ability to manage multiple priority efforts in parallel and ensure Quality Assurance standards are followed. (Preferred)
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment. (Preferred)
• Application Automation experience using Java (Preferred)Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.