REQ ID: 112842
JOB TITLE: Human Factors UX Engineer
SALARY: £37,400 - £47,400 + Additions & Benefits
LOCATION: Gaydon, Coventry, UK
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Human Factors UX Engineer, to generate and create interaction designs for future Jaguar Land Rover products. This centres around the conception and design of user interface systems across the vehicle (including but not limited to the instrument cluster, centre screen, voice, gesture and any other appropriate interaction method).
You will be responsible for taking on requirements for the general principles of operation, as well as the information requirements of the features being developed, then adopting human-centred design techniques to design the UX for use in the next-gen in-vehicle systems. Designs will need to consider the latest standards and guidance provided by the industry on attention management and driver distraction.
This role will work as part of a team including both research and behavioural specialists who will work as a team to develop the future interface systems from the ground up and validate them through to real-world environments.Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Work as part of an Agile team developing concepts for future Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
- Plan sprints, gather requirements, understand concept options and develop detailed proposals
- Work with researchers to agree on the interpretation of scientific foundations upon which to base designs
- Creation of concepts, review and refine with stakeholders
- Build a prototyping system to allow for testing
- Work with User interface researchers and behavioural specialists to plan testing activities and Interpret testing outcomes to allow for the refinement of designs accordingly
- Have strong knowledge and experience of developments in the area of human-machine interfaces
Knowledge, Skills and ExperienceEssential -
- Define key information requirements based on requirements / task analysis
- Creation of interface concepts that conform to JLR interaction guidelines
- Creation of testable prototypes to be passed onto the behaviour researchers
- Apply a Human Centred Design approach
- Experience in developing user interface designs through a human-centred design process
- Experience in delivering technical products as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills, including the ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels
- Have the ability to react quickly to short time scales
- Operate efficiently and professionally in a fast-paced environment
- To present findings to a wide audience of mixed abilities, and be able to amend the content if the message is not received. The candidate must be able to present their findings such that they communicate how to create products that customers love for life
- Have good contacts, or be able to make good contacts in academia in this technical area and be able to guide the department on who the key experts are in industry or academia
SO WHY US?
- Batchelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design (with a focus on user interfaces), Psychology, Human Factors / Ergonomics, with a particular interest in interaction design
- Advanced degree (Masters / PhD) in Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design (with a focus on user interfaces), Psychology, Human Factors / Ergonomics
- Design experience in the automotive or consumer electronics industries
- Familiar with the science of human interaction in the vehicle and able to help interpret qualitative and quantitative data to improve and iterate design solutions
- Familiarity with Agile & Scrum methodologies
- Experience in building and managing multiple relationships in complex stakeholder environments
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are passionate about our people. They are at the heart of our business. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive culture that is representative of our global customers and the society in which we live; a culture in which every one of our employees can bring their authentic self to work, and reach their full potential.
FIND OUT MORE OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Find out what to expect at each stage of the process along with some hints and tips.
FIND OUT MORE INSIDE JLR
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
FIND OUT MORE WHAT WE OFFER
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training
FIND OUT MORE