At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a (Associate, Mid-Level) Modeling & Simulation Software Engineer (Virtual) to join the Sustainability and Future Mobility Software Engineering team located in Mesa, AZ. This position will focus on supporting the ET&T business organization.
From building biplanes in a red barn to designing rockets bound for the red planet, our story is unlike any other. Boeing and its heritage companies have charted the course of aerospace history, helping to build and define an industry that has changed the world. It has been a breathtaking journey, but the best is yet to come.
The selected candidate will join our software team working the Wisk joint venture and to help transform the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. The selected candidate will design, develop, validate and deploy advanced modeling and simulation capabilities for a diverse set of applications. This role requires a background in software engineering, a working knowledge of agile methodologies, including lifecycle management tools.
At Boeing, we are committed to innovating for the future, leading with sustainability, and cultivating a culture based on the company's core values of safety, quality and integrity. Our engineers share a passion to redefine what is possible, to turn dreams into reality, to bring world-class innovation to market. Join us and you can help design our next generation of amazing products.
- Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Supports software project management and software supplier management functions
- Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics
- Performs software research and trade studies
- Troubleshoots software issues
- Works under general supervision
Employer willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience working with modeling and simulation tools
- Experience working with HIL/SIL simulations and test environments
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python
- Strong software development skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Passionate about aviation, advanced air mobility, and the future of transportation
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Familiarity with cloud technologies
- Familiarity with scaling simulation applications in a cloud environment
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink, Rust, C#, or Java
- Prior experience with aircraft systems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.Export Control Requirements:
Not an export control positionEqual Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world's most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.